The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 21, 2011, 07:08 PM   #1
kingston73

New to me P225 - ok to shoot?

Just bought myself a sig p225, it's an actual 225 not a P6 but it was W.German issue, from what I have found it's an early 80's manufacture. My question is this - it is pretty obvious the roll pin for the breech block was replaced at some point, and the slide looks to have been refinished with some type of black paint finish. Everything seems to function fine, and the gunshop who did the paper work and took delivery of the pistol said it should be fine, but I wanted your opinions on this based on the pictures. It looks like whoever hammered back the roll pin didn't use the proper punch as the end is flattened, but it looks to have gone all the way through the slide so it should be safe, right?

Old February 21, 2011, 07:18 PM   #2
hoytinak

As ugly as it is, it'll be fine to shoot. Just keep an eye on it to see if it starts to work its way out.

Last edited by hoytinak; February 21, 2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old February 21, 2011, 07:43 PM   #3
kingston73

That's what the gun shop said, I just needed another opinion. Gotta love DIY gunsmithing.
Old February 22, 2011, 12:05 AM   #4
doofus47

Maybe this won't be your problem since your pistol started life as a commercial 225, but the sights on my p6 needed to be drifted back to center straight out of the box (and out of the surplus bin before that... I know).
Just saying: it's cheaper to check now.