The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old June 26, 2009, 10:52 PM   #1
DanThaMan

Modification Questions for my Ruger 10/22

I have a factory Ruger 10/22 with a classic stock (not the walnut sporter). I will be making some modifications this summer ans I have a few questions. What I plan to do is get a lighter weight bull barrel which can dissipate heat better and provide better accuracy. However, I still would like to work with iron sights-particularly for Appleseed. I checked the Tech Sights website and they have a .920 diameter barrel dovetail adapter for their front sight, and the rear sight wouldn't be a problem since im reciever is not changing. So my question is this: does this adapter require the barrel to be threaded (Tactical Solutions offers nice threaded bull barrels)? If not, how reliable can it be and how zeroed can it be if it just slips on.

If anyone has used this product, it would be a great help if you let me know how it performs.

Thanks everyone!
Old June 26, 2009, 11:18 PM   #2
onehitwonder

have your factory bbl reworked by "nemohunter" . you can find him at rimfirecentral.com . He reworked mine, rechamber, crown and lap? for about 145$. shoots .338" @ 50 yards with a lot of ammo's I've tried. Looks stock, shoots just as good or better than 95% of the bull bbls you can buy and with stock weight. If you bed the action and do a few more tweeks you can shoot .1's and .2's eisily
Old June 26, 2009, 11:30 PM   #3
johnwilliamson062

The sleeve slips on. It WILL NOT work with threaded barrels. It will cover the threads.

Tags
barrel , bull , ruger , sights , tech