The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 27, 2016, 06:57 PM   #1
Iwanttoshootbettter

Vortex scope issue.

Yea I know I really love them too.I have 4x12x40 diamond back on top a Ruger 10/22.Both I bought both new 2 months ago all use has been plinking at paper bout 5 trips 2-300 rounds each time.The numbers band around the windage adjustment has come loose and will not stay in place.What is the waiting period if I send it in has anyone delt with vortex warranty good or bad thanks.

Gods blessing surround us.
Old November 27, 2016, 07:32 PM   #2
Snyper

Only Vortex can answer that question with any real accuracy.
This is likely their busiest time of the year.

I'd be tempted to try a tiny dab of epoxy on something like a loose scale.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/service

Quote:
USA
Phone: (800) 426-0048 or (608) 664-9856
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (608) 662-7454
Write us at 2120 West Greenview Drive, Middleton, Wisconsin 53562.
Old November 27, 2016, 07:45 PM   #3
Iwanttoshootbettter

Thanks Snyper that's just what I will do,can't stay off that Ruger 10/22.Just a dap or 2 should it.
Old November 27, 2016, 10:32 PM   #4
Kimber84

I'd say it won't be much more than a week or two. I've sent back scopes and binos, 3 of the 4 issues were of my doing. All we're back within 5-8 business days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old November 28, 2016, 01:59 PM   #5
Chainsaw.

My buddies sparc came back in a week.
Old November 28, 2016, 10:17 PM   #6
Metal god

Quote:
I'd say it won't be much more than a week or two. I've sent back scopes and binos, 3 of the 4 issues were of my doing. All we're back within 5-8 business days.
They always try to claim it's the customers fault . I've been seeing a trend that A LOT of Vortex optics get sent back . I had a scope need to be returned . They said I torqued the mount to tight . Now my red dot is going out after every other shot or so . I'm sure it's something I did again .

The only two Vortex products I've ever owned and both needed to be returned . Guy in quote has had to send back 4 items . C-mon man Bushnell does not even have that bad a record .

I loved my Vortex stuff when it worked . To bad they don't keep working .

For my scope the turn around was fast . I believe they sent me a new scope the day after they got mine . So I believe my total time was 8 days which was pretty good I thought .

Good products for range plinking but I don't see how I could trust them to put food on the table of save my life . I just see to many failures from Vortex .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old November 29, 2016, 08:20 PM   #7
Kimber84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal god View Post
They always try to claim it's the customers fault . I've been seeing a trend that A LOT of Vortex optics get sent back . I had a scope need to be returned . They said I torqued the mount to tight . Now my red dot is going out after every other shot or so . I'm sure it's something I did again .

The only two Vortex products I've ever owned and both needed to be returned . Guy in quote has had to send back 4 items . C-mon man Bushnell does not even have that bad a record .

I loved my Vortex stuff when it worked . To bad they don't keep working .

For my scope the turn around was fast . I believe they sent me a new scope the day after they got mine . So I believe my total time was 8 days which was pretty good I thought .

Good products for range plinking but I don't see how I could trust them to put food on the table of save my life . I just see to many failures from Vortex .

If you actually read my post you would have noticed I said three of the four were self inflicted.

One rifle was dropped and busted the front lens.

2nd was a scope that was cranked way to far into the zero stop shims by one of my buddies. It then twisted the shims and eventually was so tight that it wouldn't back off.

3rd was a set of 8x32 binos that were dropped about 30' from a treestand and landed on the only rock within 100 yards.

4th was a Viper that had tracking issues.

I couldn't disagree more about them trying to blame the customer, that's not been my experience at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old November 30, 2016, 12:16 AM   #8
Metal god

Fair enough on me misunderstanding your point on why you sent them back . I do agree to disagree on them trying to blame the customer first . It's not like I know every return they get but the ones I've heard about that were not abvoius that it was dropped or ran over type of thing . They have claimed it was some how the customers fault . My AO (paralax) failed on my scope . They said i tighten the mounts to tight . Well i use a torque wrench so i disagree there . Further more my AO is at the front of the scope on the front lense . My mounts are 7" away from that area .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old November 30, 2016, 02:01 PM   #9
Evan Thomas

Moved to the Feedback forum.

Note that the rules for this forum are now in effect. Please read them, and the general Gun Show rules, before posting.