The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 7, 2014, 12:25 AM   #26
jason_iowa

DeSantis thumb break 4in 625 3 o clock
Old July 7, 2014, 01:04 AM   #27
Sabrewolfe

Springfield XD (4" or SC depending on the season) in a PJ Holster Kydex IWB at roughly 4:00.

"Without logic, reason is useless. With it, you can win arguments and alienate multitudes." - Unknown
Old July 7, 2014, 01:14 AM   #28
bamaranger

glock sport

I've become a big fan of the Glock sport holster. The larger G20/21 size fits both the Glock big bores, and the smaller G17/34 family as well, though the smaller Glocks have just a bit of slop in the fit. The Sport is an OWB holster which requires some type of cover garment. In the summer the shirt tail is out.

If not carrying a Glock, I have an assortment of the Yaqui Slide type leather holsters for my other autos.

If the luau look is not feasible in hot weather, I drop P232 or .38 snub in my pocket and proceed carefully.
Old July 7, 2014, 06:46 AM   #29
stubbicatt

AIWB Uncle Mikes el cheapo holster

I have been at this awhile now, and find appendix carry inside the waist band with an Uncle Mike's "sock" type holster with the clip over my trousers and a belt to work well. I carry a S&W 22-4.
Old July 7, 2014, 07:10 AM   #30
PawPaw

J-frame, dropped in my pocket.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old July 7, 2014, 07:17 AM   #31
zincwarrior

Beltmen belt (THATS IMPORTANT)
CompTac Minotaur or OWB, depending.
Spare mag in a CompTac single mag holder. Also a simple Toolman tool holder is excellent for that.

I also used to have a Galco slider when I carried .45ACP. Loved that holster.
Old July 7, 2014, 08:07 AM   #32
Deja vu

I made it my self. It is a pocket holster for my J-Frame. It is in my strong side pocket. I also carry my NAA .22short in a necklace holster that I got off of E-bay.

Yeah I always carry 2 even though I am not sure the NAA counts

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old July 7, 2014, 10:31 AM   #33
smokehouse4444

I carry a Kahr CM9 or SIG P245 at about 10:30 crossdraw with untucked shirt. Even the larger SIG disappears easily, and you can sit down with it as well. I use a Sticky Holster made for the size of each one.

I also will pocket carry the Kahr with that same Sticky. I have a Stays-Put pocket holster that I carry a Colt Mustang Pocketlite for extra light carry.
Old July 7, 2014, 10:48 AM   #34
txpossum

Although I profess to favor Galco holsters, and have several, my usual CC set up is either a .40 Firestar or a 1911, in a no-name holster I picked up for $10 in a plastic bin of used holsters at a gun show. I like it because it has a protective flap of leather that extends upward higher than the gun on the side of the holster that sits next to my skin, affording more protection from sweat. It is an IWB holster that I wear just behind my left hip (I shoot leftie). I've worn this for about 15 years, and, sure, I could go with something fancier, but why fix sumptin' that ain't broke.

If I have to wear a shirt tucked in, without any type of jacket, I wear the gun in a "bellyband" under my arm. Not the fastest type of carry, but, hey, at least I have my weapon with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg firestar.jpg (28.7 KB, 15 views)
Old July 7, 2014, 04:00 PM   #35
Corrections Cop

IWB @ 3 o'clock with a Galco holster Glock 26. I also just got a belly band, which I have been trying out.
Old July 7, 2014, 07:15 PM   #36
cryption

WRB pocket holster with a sig p238. Front right pocket and you could never tell
Old July 7, 2014, 08:17 PM   #37
edfrompa

Rusty Sherrick outside the waist at 9:00oclock.
Old July 8, 2014, 08:41 AM   #38
JimDandy

full size 1911 clone in a Kramer IWB #3 in Horsehide on a The Wilderness Store belt usually, sometimes a G&G leather "dress" belt that isn't very dressy but I haven't found better yet.
Old July 8, 2014, 09:55 AM   #39
OkieCruffler

Usually a 1911 officer in a leather OWB belt slide, no retention strap, at about 3:00. Sometimes that same pistol in a horizontal SOB (I don't want to hear it). But for quick walks down to the beach or runs into town it's often a 357 snubby dropped in my front pocket with a cheap pocket holster.
Old July 8, 2014, 08:25 PM   #40
Bob Wright

For the past several months, six months or so, I've been using a modified Tom Threepersons holster made by Graveyard Jack. Had it customized by eliminating the retaining strap/hammer thong, and open bottom.

This worn about three o'clock. Leather, of course. This for a Ruger Blackhawk .44 Special.

Bob Wright
Old July 8, 2014, 08:52 PM   #41
PoiDog

I'm still new at this here in IL, but so far I've carried an LC9 in a pocket holster, as well as an XDS 9mm in a Bianchi Venom OWB. Both worked well.

I also have one of those Air Marshall 3 holsters. Very nice, but for under the shirt wear. Both of the above guns worked fine with this holster.

Larger handguns will fit this thing too, but I haven't carried any in it yet. It seemed to handle a full size XD pretty well when trying it out for size.

I'm still new, like I say. All I can say is I won't be able to tease my wife about her purses anymore, not after holster shopping. LOL

She is having great fun at my expense.
Old July 8, 2014, 09:52 PM   #42
Cheapshooter

Varies with weather, and clothing.
Ruger LCP in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster in right front pocket. http://www.desantisholster.com/THE-NEMESIS
KAHR Arms CM 9 in a similar DeSantis, same location. Or more often IWB @ 4 O'clock in a Theis IWB Hybrid holster http://theisholsters.com/
Springfield XD40 Subcompact in Theis IWB @ 4 O'Clock
Ruger LCR in DeSantis Nemesis in coat pocket
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old July 9, 2014, 08:18 AM   #43
boondocker385

Usually a safariland or Bianchi OWB at 330 with a glock 21.
Old July 9, 2014, 08:17 PM   #44
9ballbilly

Charter Arms Bulldog .44spl, OWB in a Simply Rugged pancake at 8:00. I'm a south paw. If I'm just puttering around the yard I often switch the .44 for a Charter Arms .32 H&R snub carried identically.