The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 14, 2013, 06:38 PM   #1
915A

Finally found the Shield!

So I stopped in a local shop, and to my surprise was the Shield. So now that I have got it out of my system I can relax lol! It didnt blow me away as I would have thought it was going to. It was light, and felt good in the hand. But I guess from all the hype I was expecting more. The wife wanted something smaller for her, and the Sig P290rs fit that bill nicely. I compared them side by side and the Sig just felt better. Probably because it fit the profile we were after more. So would it be wrong of me to buy it and flip it for a profit, lol!(Not that I would) But wouldnt mind checking out the .40 version.

Last edited by 915A; January 14, 2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old January 15, 2013, 04:58 AM   #2
tristar viper

Sig 290 is great. And if you find someplace that has a couple, let me know. I can't seem to find the RS model anywhere local.
Right before all this gun buying lunacy hit, I had a dealer all lined up, he told me there were 290's in the warehouse and he could get me one in 2 days. Well, I screwed around, and then the New Town shooting happened, and then when I finally called him back he said "sorry, none left, I can order you one but I can't guarantee a delivery date".
He isn't even able to get a call back from the Sig rep these days.....it's crazy.
Old January 20, 2013, 02:55 PM   #3
DocHopper

I found mine friday. Shield 40.
Old January 20, 2013, 08:24 PM   #4
posigian

I've been very fortunate the last couple months. Local shop runs a waiting list for the shield but if you put down a deposit it moves you to the top of the list. Got the Wife's Shield just before Christmas and then put another deposit down for mine. I picked mine up just about 3 weeks ago and we both love them. Not too small - not too big. Only regret is that we got them in 9mm and I wanted 40cal. The Wife didn't like the feel of the 40 and I wanted to keep ammo supply simple to avoid mix ups so I went with the 9mm as well.
Old January 20, 2013, 09:19 PM   #5
AdrianVall

Found me a shield in 9mm a couple weeks ago. Got so excited, I bought it on the spot. Took it home, played with it more, and was NOT impressed. Didn't like the feel. Felt very cheap to me. I ended up selling it and made a quick $40 on it.
Old January 20, 2013, 11:33 PM   #6
DocHopper

Here is my new 40. Trying to decide though and it getting more difficult. I bought to resell. It feels really good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 545.jpg (75.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 618.jpg (194.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 622.jpg (229.6 KB, 17 views)
Old January 20, 2013, 11:43 PM   #7
DATL

I want one bad! A friend has one- and I didn't think it felt too cheap at all. I compared it to many of the pocket nines even though I suppose it's a little larger than the LC9, Kel Tec, and a few others. But when comparing to those I thought it felt rather nice. I have a Khar MK9 for CC but it's just so heavy IWB.