The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 5, 2010, 05:55 PM   #1
thatoldaner

Jukar Blackpowder Pistol - What is it worth?

My husband passed away and he had a blackpowder pistol I would like to get rid of. I've inspected the pistol and the only identifying information I can find is it is stamped with Jukar and a number of 099073. Can someone assist me in determining what this gun might be worth and where I might be able to sell it. Thank you!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00022.JPG (24.4 KB, 201 views)
Old July 5, 2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Doc Hoy

Well.....

I looked on the Gunbroker which is an online auction site for firearms and shooting associated merchandise (gunbroker.com). The pistol you picture is a colonial pistol, probably in .45. There or two similar pistols for sale right now. On has a bid on it of 25.00 which is below the reserve price, meaning that the seller wants more than 25.00 for it. There is also a pistol of a slightly larger design which has a "buy it now" price of 74.95.

I have placed both of these auctions on watch. The colonial pistol ends within four days. I will post the ending bids on this thread when they end.

If you care to invest the time, you could go to www.gunbroker.com and search "single shot pistol" or "colonial pistol" or "percussion pistol".

I had a pistol exactly like the one in your photo and I loved it. It was quite accurate. It was also a .45.
Old July 5, 2010, 06:26 PM   #3
Hawg

50 bucks is going to be about it.
Old July 5, 2010, 07:03 PM   #4
thatoldaner

Thanks

Thanks Doc and thanks Hawg for the quick replies. That helps. And I will check back later for more info. Probably just need to sell this online it sounds like. Thanks again!