The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 29, 2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Austin Cowart

For those in San Antonio and surounding

A Place to Shoot off pleasanton is only charging 25 dollars to do an FFL transfer and ship your rifle to another FFL. Trust me guys you wont find a better deal in town. Closest I could find was Durry's and they charge 35+shipping.
Old October 30, 2007, 01:20 PM   #2
senior
Member In Memoriam

my ffl dealer

try my dealer, Bill Hawes ( the hunter) 20.00 for transfering, look under,"The HUNTER'
Old October 30, 2007, 04:44 PM   #3
Austin Cowart

thanks

he charges flat rate 20 for transfer and shipping? thats really sweet ill give him a hollar next time i need to make a sale.
Old November 19, 2007, 05:46 PM   #4
senior
Member In Memoriam

hawes

$20.00 for transfer shipping not included, usually use USPO priority mail for about $15-18.00
Old November 29, 2007, 01:34 PM   #5
3AXBAT

So, A Place To Shoot will do FFL transfer AND shipping for $25? That sound too sweet to me. I've used The Bullet Hole on Grosenbacher Road to receive rifles for me, and they charged $25 for the service. I've had good experience with them.
Old November 29, 2007, 01:42 PM   #6
Austin Cowart

yeah

i use the bullet hole for all my recieving. you cant beat 25 dollars and a free day on the range. but yeah as far as shipping goes i like to use a place to shoot seeing as TBH doesnt ship.
Old November 29, 2007, 08:25 PM   #7
3AXBAT

Well, I've been selling a few rifles here lately, and I've shipped straight from FEDEX/Kinkos to an FFL. I've had the buyer get his FFL to send me a copy of the FFL, I check it against BATFE's site, and send it off. I hear some FFLs won't accept guns from non-FFLs, but I don't know why.
Old December 1, 2007, 03:54 PM   #8
Austin Cowart

yeah

I figure its just they dont want a weapon comming to them that has been stolen or is suspicious. I usually ship rifles with USPS and pistols with FEDEX since i live down the road from their main distribution center at the airport. But if you do need to ship threw an FFL a place to shoot has the best price.
Old December 12, 2007, 11:40 AM   #9
DavidBR

Wetmore Shooting Sports $20 plus shipping

I've used Frank for several years and have been pleased. He charges a flat $20 for any FFL to FFL transfer. [email protected] or (210) 289-2780.

Just my $.02
Old December 15, 2007, 03:34 AM   #10
Austin Cowart

david

just curious yor title says 20+shipping and then you say flat rate 20 bucks. which is it and where is he located?