The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 29, 2016, 11:24 AM   #1
NHSHOOTER

So Carolina deer

I will have to say, just got back from a hunt in So. carolina, the deer were not moving well so was a humdrum week, but I did see some of the biggest mosquitos I have ever seen and boy do they suck..LOL The thermocell worked well against em!!!
Old October 29, 2016, 11:32 AM   #2
jmr40

I'd guess SC weather is very similar to what we are having in GA. It is still HOT, and virtually no rain in months. No one is seeing many deer yet.
Old October 29, 2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Saltydog235

Deer moving right at dark. They started moving well right after Mathew and the cooler weather but have backed off in these mid 80 temps. We're seeing some and have killed a few.

And I hate to say I told you so on the Skeeters but I did. I'm running two thermacells at a time now. They're brutal if you stop moving for just a second.
Old October 29, 2016, 01:25 PM   #4
NHSHOOTER

Yes Salty, You did tell me and I was ready for the bugs, I even saw a very large banana spider in my stand one day..wow....We did shoot a few but no big bucks. I had brought a new hunter and he got to shoot a doe and a smallish 7 point, he was very happy..