The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 23, 2006, 09:18 PM   #1
DobermansDoItGoofy

I want to Plains Game Hunt in Africa...BUT the $ ? arrgh...

I thought of Impala last night...but sadly I shrugged my shoulders again and told myself that on my budget...the only Impala I could likely afford to hunt was the old rusted out Chevy Impala...that sits waaaay off in the tall grass plains of the old junkyard I know sadly all too well... Ho hum...

Don't get me wrong - I've worked hard...and I've taken a few trips. In fact, I just spent about $2k for a week in London... The trouble - is that each time I google something about African Plains Game Hunts... the numbers are in the $5k - $10k range... Recently , I saw somewhere a '1 day plains game hunt' and a '3 day hunt' advertised'. My thought is this : Are there cheap plains game hunts for 3 days or less ? I have this idea ie. fly to Africa, spend about a week...and just 1-3 days of it hunting...and spend no more than about $2k or 2.5k ? Is it possible???? I'm not really interested in trophies for my wall ie. photographs and a nice steak would be plenty...
Old May 23, 2006, 09:33 PM   #2
iudoug

Actually...for a tad bit more...

you could go for a week and hunt 5 animals of their choosing..all plains game of course..which would be a better value. I think you would end up close to 5 grand in it but that is including airfare. It isn't a bad deal and you will be treated like a king. Doug
Old May 23, 2006, 09:44 PM   #3
taylorce1

I feel your pain, but mine is for an AK Moose and Bear hunt. I have dreams of a 70" moose and a 8'+ bear. These are way to spendy for me right now so I'm looking for employment in AK. I figure I'll get somebody to pay me to live there and then do my hunting while I'm there.