The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 16, 2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Prof Young

Disappointed in BSA Bore Sight

Shooters:
Bought and tried out a BSA bore sight. It's the type holds a grid above the barrel and you sight in on the grid. Well, the shaft that you mount the grid device on was so poorly designed that the grid device swings around to underneath the gun. Plus, when the grid is up top, it's really high and only a scope mounted on tall rings gets anywhere close to the grid. Took it back and bought one of the type the sticks to the end of the barrel with a strong magnet. Worked much better.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young
Old April 17, 2012, 11:29 PM   #2
MarkDozier

The system is very good and it only takes a few minutes to learn to use it properly.
Old April 19, 2012, 09:40 PM   #3
hootey

Bad BSA Bore Sight ? ?

Bought mine eleven or twelve years ago when they first came out with em. Went out to the shop with a good cup of coffee, sat down read the directions, inspecteded my new investment, and figured out how to insert rod A into opening B to properly set C. Been using it ever since, lost track years ago the number of scopes bore sighted with it. A lot of customers bragged it only took two or three shots to have their scopes set....Now you tell me there is something wrong with it.....my life is ruineded.....what will happen when the boys down at the VFW get wind of this?