The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 23, 2010, 10:16 PM   #1
benny7mmWSM

nd-3 long range laser designator

has any one put the new nd-3 to the test yet, i am curreently saving the cash to buy one for about 3 hundred bucks, if you havent heard of it you can google "nd-3 long range laser designator" its made by bsa and laser genitics i think, anyway i think it will reek havoc on yotes and hogs, like it says " YOU WILL OWN THE NIGHT" let me know what you think.
Old February 24, 2010, 01:23 AM   #2
themusgrat

Looks neat, hopefully it works well. If it does, hogs beware!
Old February 24, 2010, 11:52 AM   #3
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Does anybody make a double-ring mounting setup, so it could be attached to a scope on a bolt-action rifle? (Or to a barrel.) I checked SWFA and LaRue Tactical...
Old February 24, 2010, 12:32 PM   #4
ScottRiqui

It's basically an adjustable green flashlight, so their use of the term "designator" is a little misleading.

That being said, most of the reviews I could find are generally very positive, with the only two significant reported problems being that the lights (either version) don't like to work in very cold weather, and that the rifle-mounted version isn't ruggedized, so some users have had theirs stop working after a while.
Old February 24, 2010, 01:51 PM   #5
themusgrat

I bet if you put a few layers of duck tape or some other semi soft thing between the rifle and the light, you'd be fine. It doesn't take much to soften the recoil on a rifle, and since the thing is just a light, you don't need it to hold a true zero or anything.
Old February 25, 2010, 07:11 AM   #6
benny7mmWSM

to ART

it does come with 3 mounting setup and a pressure switch, wich on does attach to a scope