The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 10, 2019, 01:35 PM   #26
Fingers McGee

Welcome back to the Forum Doc. You've been missed.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old March 10, 2019, 01:57 PM   #27
Doc Hoy

Thanks Fingers

I am glad to be back and hope I can be a contributor but in the end, what's one curmudgeon more or less?

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson
Old March 10, 2019, 09:02 PM   #28
denster

Curmudgeons are a dime a dozen. Interesting curmudgeons are much rarer. You've always been in the later group Doc.
Old March 11, 2019, 06:26 AM   #29
Doc Hoy

Tnx, Denster

Nice to be communicating with y'all.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson
Old March 11, 2019, 08:03 AM   #30
fourbore

"Back again with Percussion shotgun." I read the title and was going to skip this post. I mis took Percussion for Precision. Oppsie. Then I figured, I would post some sarcasm. Seemed prudent to look at the pics first! What a surprise! A great post & interesting gun.

It takes a curmudgeon to know one. I am in good company here.

So where am I? "North coral" I have to watch this sub forum
Old March 11, 2019, 11:59 AM   #31
Hawg

Quote:
So where am I? "North coral" I have to watch this sub forum
Don't just watch it, jump in with both feet.
Old March 11, 2019, 01:46 PM   #32
Doc Hoy

Just so y’all will be reassured…..

Here is how this trade started.

Since I am moving to FL and can’t take much of anything along, a lot of my stuff has to be either sold, given away, or abandoned. I had to liquidate an entire shop full of tools and equipment. This process started about three months ago and much of the stuff has been listed in either CL or eBay for that entire time. What remains is what nobody wants and what I can't take along.

I am moving in two weeks so I am in the short strokes.

A guy called me up and offered a trade for one of the pistol display cases I had made. He wanted to trade a Garland Cook knife. (Photo) I accepted and mentioned the other stuff I had to get rid of. We went back and forth and finally came to an agreement on the four firearms for tools which I had been listing for a total of 300.00.

So I gave up tools which after three months of listings, nobody wanted and he gave up some old guns that were worth about as much as the scrap metal. We are both probably secretly chuckling about it.

Once I examined the firearms, I quickly abandoned any hope of ever getting the shotgun to shootable condition. I knew I was looking at a relic/wall-hanger.

The Stevens was even more so since ammunition is no longer reasonably available. And, fixing the stock would be more expensive than the rifle would ever be worth. Ironically, the closest to shootable are the two junk revolvers.

Maybe I’ll trade the shotgun or the rifle for something at a gun show in Fort Myers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Knife.jpg (126.9 KB, 10 views)

Old March 11, 2019, 02:12 PM   #33
Hawg

Dang Doc, if I wasn't broke I'd try to talk you out of the shotgun and the Stevens.
Old March 11, 2019, 04:21 PM   #34
Doc Hoy

Unfortunately....

They are on the way to Naples.

Old March 11, 2019, 08:21 PM   #35
Hawg

Not a problem Doc. Broke anyway lol
Old March 12, 2019, 05:36 PM   #36
Doc Hoy

Hawg

That is a disease that is going around.