The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 16, 2016, 03:08 PM   #1
siloshooter

hearing protection...

this issue of american handgunner has some info sent in to the letters/comments section that turns to the subject of ear protection for home protection possible usage. if we would have to fire our home defense arm within the confines of the home , the results could be devastating to our hearing , with possible permanent loss of hearing . one of the writers states that he lost permanent hearing in one ear with just one round fired .. ! made me stop & think .
he reccomends some type of electronic muffs which lets the wearer hear small noises very clearly but protects the ears against the hard concussion that a round fired would cause. i will come clean , i should have thought of this on my own but i did not .
if anyone has a type or brand electronic protector that they know of that would do the job , please give info. i want to get something , hopefully under $75-$100.
will look some but hate to be at the mercy of the internet soley to find what i need ...... thanks .
Old March 16, 2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Erno86

Howard Leight R01526 Electronic Shooting Sport Muff.

--- George Orwell
Old March 17, 2016, 03:24 PM   #3
jmhyer

I've been happy with these...
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/746...db-d-max-green