The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 26, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Alabama Shooter

Sig SP 2022 Tac Pac - I have fallen

On the Semi auto pistol side I have always been either a Glock or 1911 type. That has all changed. When I saw her, the brazen hussy hanging out in the back of the display case at the local gun shop all dressed out and accessorized like a contracting mall ninja on the FOB. Rough callused skin and dark complexion. Not too big, not too small, just the right size.

It is quiet in the shop; too quiet even for a rainy Friday afternoon. I ask permission to touch and handle... and gain it. I handle her like so many others who wanted her for her obvious physical traits but did not have the courage to commit. Look how easily she is undressed and comes apart, see how light her lower parts are, silky smooth... She flutters her one good eye at me flashing like a strobe with a laser through it and it cut me to my heart.

"Cheap" I mutter under my breath, and yet something was drawing me and fascinating me. I set her aside to give it some thought.

I pull out my smart phone and punching in a few entries quickly determine that the LGS is selling the kit for $100 less than the lowest on line price and it is mostly unavailable anywhere.

I decide. Worst case I can dish her off on a buddy for at least what I paid for her and we can part ways amicably. But I must have her, at least for a while. I need to know if she will be true and reliable or just another...

I take her home and am having my way with her on the kitchen table when the wife walks in. There is shock and surprise but no anger. The wife understands she says. She is even curious. I show her the trigger that even when cocked takes about twenty minutes to pull. She looks dubious. I know all about her and her compact 1911 but I don't accuse. I show her how the grip can be adjusted for smaller hands too. I get a thin smile.

We all go outside and play. 100 rounds later I am convinced that this will be a long and wonderful relationship. Wherever I point she goes. Even 50 yards away. When I say jump she does not even ask how high. Her eyes are bright in the dark and she points the way. Accurate, true and reliable.

Where this will lead I do not know. I can see jealousy in the future from the Glocks and 1911s.
Old January 26, 2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Verbal Clint

I almost bought exactly what you are describing. However, it was my first handgun purchase. Since I knew it would be used for SD/concealed carry, I ponied up for the Sig Ultra 1911
Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe."
Old January 26, 2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Tactical Jackalope

50 Shades of SIG?

Nice purchase. Pics man, pics!
Old January 26, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4
t45

I brought her 2022 40 cal sister home a few weeks ago.
Old January 26, 2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
Since I knew it would be used for SD/concealed carry, I ponied up for the Sig Ultra 1911
I guess out in public I will stick with my Glock 27 to maintain appearances.

Quote:
I brought her 2022 40 cal sister home a few weeks ago.
A little heavier and more expensive appetites but still pretty.
Old January 27, 2013, 12:50 AM   #6
Fishbed77

So do you have any photos of this brazen hussy?
Old January 27, 2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Marquezj16

Quote:
accessorized like a contracting mall ninja on the FOB
I got a good laugh on that one, ha ha ha

Congrats on your pistol. But it did not happen without pictures.