The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 24, 2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Mr.RevolverGuy

Militec Has anyone evaluated it?

A buddy of mine just sent me a video of investigators saying CLP was failing miserably in the desert. We both are former Marines and find this disturbing if it is true.

http://www.militec.com/video/militec.html

Of course this is a link from their site but I am wondering what you folks here think? I am ashamed to say I have not heard of it.
Old November 24, 2007, 08:59 PM   #2
PPGMD

I have been using Militec for a while, it's a pretty good lube, but so is Breakfree CLP when properly applied. I prefer Militec for many applications because it's a thicker lube and stays where it's applied.

I still keep a can or two of CLP around for applications that require me to get more penetration into deeper parts of the firearm.
Old November 24, 2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Steel Talon

FWIW...

I Think its a great product. I've been using it since the mid 90's doswhat it says it does really helps keepthe barrel easier to clean.

However I started using a better "synthetic" product called Eesox give better overall corrosion protection.

http://www.eezox.com/gun-care.html

As with either product the more you treat your firearms with it the better the protection.
\
Peace
Steel Talon
Old November 25, 2007, 12:08 AM   #4
Mike in VA

Militc is good stuff. It's been discussed a bit here and THR, try the search function for more info.
Old November 25, 2007, 12:11 AM   #5
DonR101395

Great lube and a great company IMO. They sent my team a big box of it on our last deployment. I emailed and asked them what it would cost to get enough for 12 guys for 120 days. They asked for my mailing address and two weeks later a big box of it showed up free of charge.
Old December 5, 2007, 05:56 AM   #6
scottz0369

Using it now

I'm using Militec lube on my weapons right now here in Iraq. Been using it for the past 3 months with no issues. Of course, any lube over here will attract dirt and dust in this environment, but that's why we clean our weapons often.

Scott
Somewhere in Iraq