The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old September 25, 2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Model12Win

Zastava M70A: opinions?

Hey gang! Well... I bought a Zastava factory new Serbian made M70A pistol in 9mm last night on Gun Broker, for the grand total of $219.00. I did this shortly after watching a Nutnfancy video on YouTube where he spoke highly of the pistol for it's price point.

I bought this gun for a few reasons:

1: I love Serbian military history/weapon history. The M70A is basically a 9mm version of the Serbian military pistol M57, which is in 7.62x25mm, so I was very drawn to the gun because I've always wanted a Tokarev but since 7.62x25mm ammo has dried up, 9mm is about the least expensive centerfire pistol out there and is still very effective for defense, which leads me to wanting to use the gun for:

2: Car gun-- right now the only other pistol I have is a Glock 19 Gen 4, which was a gift from my father and I treasure it. I am not comfortable using it as a car/truck gun because of the sentimental value attached and also it was a good chunk of money that my Dad gave for it. At a little over $200, it won't break my heart if God forbid this gun is ever stolen from me.

3: Range gun- naturally, I'll be using this for plenty of target practice both for training and fun. 9mm is inexpensive, and I like it greatly for shooting. I also am interested in shooting the gun because it is different from anything else I've shot before.

So do you guys have any experience or knowledge of this pistol? Care to share? I'm excited about it but know it isn't going to be the best pistol ever. I'm just looking for some feedback on this and would love to hear what you guys have to say.

Thanks!
Old September 25, 2014, 07:21 PM   #2
dullone

I'm very pleased with mine. Removed the mag safety and I'm even more pleasedier as the mags drop free now.

As a suggestion for car carry I bought a Maxpedition Universal CCW holster (see link below) and installed it via a piece of adhesive backed heavy duty velcro vertically inside the center console of my truck. Very easily adjusted to fit just about any gun. http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...TER-134p48.htm

I've found my M70A to be uber reliable....soft shooting.....fun to shoot....accurate (had to drift the rear sight to bring it in)....and just an all around good value.
Old September 25, 2014, 07:47 PM   #3
CWKahrFan

There's another current thread on it here;

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552333
Old September 26, 2014, 12:42 PM   #4
Glenn E. Meyer

Yep, let's go to that one. So I shall close this one.