The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old July 19, 1999, 08:33 PM   #1
Tom D

I have been e-mailing back and forth with Dick Whiting of the CMP for a while now, and we agree that building new shooting ranges and improving existing ones should start becoming a priority for us in the shooting sports. Let's face it, without ranges, our sport pretty much dies. We are loosing ranges in the private sector for a number of reasons and access to military ranges is starting to be restricted is some cases.

We are in the process of starting an organization and setting up a trust fund for the sole purpose of range construction and improvement. These ranges will be called "Firearms Education Centers" and the clubhouse will now be the " Classroom". We have tossed around many ideas along these lines. I have set up an e-mail list to discuss issues related to building and managing ranges and clubs, bringing in new shooters, promoting shooting events and things along those lines. I invite any of you that are interested to sign on and brainstorm with us and help us get this ball rolling. Sign up at http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/shooting_ranges

I welcome any and all comments. Tom D.

[This message has been edited by Tom D (edited July 19, 1999).]