The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 31, 1999, 03:14 PM   #1
JoshP

What would be a good gun for starting to shoot competition. Also around how much does this gun cost

Well Actually I was looking for a pistol with a decent price range

[This message has been edited by JoshP (edited May 31, 1999).]
Old May 31, 1999, 03:22 PM   #2
Rob Pincus

That should depend entirely on what type of gun you want to shoot. There is a class of competition for just about any gun.

Are you talking rifle, shotgun or pistol ?

Off the top of my head, I think that precision .22 would be a good place to start for rifle, with a moderately customized Ruger 10/22.. you could probly get into it for aroun $4-500.

For shotgun Try Sporting Clays, A GREAT gun would be the Bretta AL390, around $6-700, but you could shoot very well with a Mosberg semi-auto for several hundred less.

For handgun, if you get a Glock you can compete in the GSSF matches held all around the country, they are great for beginners. For the cost of any decent self-defense gun, a few 10 round mags, and some decent carry gear (holster & mag pounches) you can start IDPA.

Let us know more what you are looking for adn I'm sure that we can be of more help.

------------------
-Essayons