The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 16, 2014, 12:17 PM   #1
globemaster3

Staff Intro Thread

First, let me start with saying I have the utmost respect for the staff on this board and appreciate the efforts you make to keep it clean and value added.

Over the years, I've picked up on little tidbits here and there that have given me limited insight into some of the backgrounds of particular staff members, but overall, you all remain somewhat of a mystery.

Any chance there could be a staff intro sticky on the General Discussion Forum where you all introduce yourselves and your backgrounds/areas of expertise? This would be especially useful in vectoring specific questions on topics as well as give additional credence to your words of wisdom.

Just a thought. I am working mid-shifts, so perhaps this is just a loopy, sleep-deprived thought...

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."
Old December 17, 2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Frank Ettin
Staff

Every staff member, just as every member, has a public profile. Go to any member's post, click on the member's name and follow the link in the drop down menu to his public profile. There you'll find whatever personal information the member has chosen to include.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Old December 17, 2014, 09:37 PM   #3
globemaster3

Thanks Frank. 8 years on the board and I had never noticed the plethora of info on the public profile.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Old December 17, 2014, 09:39 PM   #4
Tom Servo
Staff

Hey, you guys asked. Remember that

Old December 17, 2014, 09:44 PM   #5
globemaster3

Excepting that you have the most info on your public profile. Most staff have bare bones...

And Tom, I won't ask... Or should I?

Old December 18, 2014, 11:16 AM   #6
SPEMack618

There are times Tom when I ask why we are virtual friends....and then you go and totally redeem yourself!