The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 3, 2015, 01:35 AM   #1
bamaranger

status of Tyler T-Grip Corp?

Anybody done any business lately with the Tyler Tgrip folks?

I read online where the company was having hard times and production and delivery were marginal, to say the least. I see now there website advises products in stock and reasonable delivery times.

Anybody done any business with them recently? Usaed t-grips show up online from time to time, but seem to command a premium.
Old March 3, 2015, 12:49 PM   #2
Guv

I found some Brand New on e-bay a couple of months back. There were quite a few at that time, mine were for a round butt K frame.

Last edited by Guv; March 4, 2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old March 3, 2015, 01:34 PM   #3
Model12Win

I got one last year. Aluminum for a J frame. Fast delivery and good product.
Old March 3, 2015, 02:15 PM   #4
reloder56

I ordered a polished aluminum T-Grip for my K frame round butt back in April of 2014. I received it in December of 2014. Tyler won't be getting another order from me anytime soon. Company not only has manufacturing problems, they have -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- poor communication skills. Do business with them at your own risk.
Regards, Gary
Old March 3, 2015, 03:18 PM   #5
old bear

Try the BK adaptor

I've used the BK brand of grip adapters' for several years now. A great product that usually ships in DAYS, not weeks or months.
Old March 3, 2015, 03:43 PM   #6
Terminatorret

There were delays from the "factory" a year or so ago because of tornado/storm damage to the business. What does one expect being located in Oklahoma's "tornado alley"? Plus, there's sort of a built-in delay with the postal service requests and return shipping. And, a little more delay if one chooses to send a personal check for payment. It's got to clear the bank because 100% of the public is not 100% trustworthy. So, yes, there's some delay.
I ordered my latest T-Grip last November, received it it December.
I have purchased 6 of them over the last several years putting them on my S&W Model 36's and my Ruger Security and Service Sixes.
They are quality products, priced right and make superior enhancements in grip and control. And, I think they're rather handsome when paired with stock grips.
Yes, you will have to wait a few weeks to receive their product, but IMHO it IS well worth the wait. Shamefully, the average 2-4 week wait is more than many can tolerate. It's sad that in today's "instant satisfaction" society, many want everything NOW.
If you can bear to be patient, I think you will become a a very pleased repeat customer like me.
Old March 3, 2015, 04:08 PM   #7
Model12Win

A tornado will tend to do that.

A year ago, I was pleased with my purchase. Not sure if things have changed. I've got some revolvers in mind that I'd like Tylers for though, so hopefully they've straightened things out.
Old March 3, 2015, 08:09 PM   #8
KEYBEAR

Tylers has been super slow for years looks like it is the same today .
They make or made trigger shoes at one time . Just about impossible to buy one from them .
Old March 4, 2015, 02:07 AM   #9
bamaranger

patient

I'm a pretty patient fella.

My research indicates that the lead family member passed, and things went south about 3-4 yrs ago. Sounds like it might be improving.

The B-K adapter seems interesting, but the darn thing is plastic/polymer, and while I can handle that on a Glock, putting plastic on a no dash Smith seems heretical.

Thanks for all replies, anybody done business inside of th past year....2014?
Old March 4, 2015, 07:53 AM   #10
Terminatorret

I mailed my order on Oct 29, 2014. $31.75 total. As I recall, it took about 2-3 weeks to receive my T-Grip for a Model 36. I remember it arrived well before Thanksgiving.
Old March 4, 2015, 11:13 AM   #11
salvadore

Quote:
The B-K adapter seems interesting, but the darn thing is plastic/polymer, and while I can handle that on a Glock, putting plastic on a no dash Smith seems heretical.
I bought a couple of pachmayr adapters to put on a couple of older Colts.

Old March 4, 2015, 06:21 PM   #12
peggysue

I recall getting their catalogs for Taylor T grips in the 1980's. Got one for my S & W M-60 in the mid 1970's. Was the style of that time.

Last edited by peggysue; March 5, 2015 at 04:19 AM.