The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 5, 2000, 06:54 PM   #1
MRH

Does anyone have information as to where I can find a set of factory, black plastic grips panels, and magazines (and for that matter, wood, aftermarket grip panels) for a German made, 1969 vintage Walther PPK/S .380?

I've poked around on the internet for a while and can't find anything.

Thanks.
Old May 6, 2000, 08:26 AM   #2
Citizen X

In the #21 Gunparts Corp catalog, they show black plastic PPK grips, and post war .380 Cal magazines as part of their stock items. http://www.gunpartscorp.com
Old May 6, 2000, 11:53 PM   #3
loknload

MRH, You may want to try Earl's Repair Service 978-851-2656. He is a German Walther Dealer. He may be able to help you out.

Hope this helps

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous
Old May 7, 2000, 02:51 PM   #4
MRH

Many thanks. I'll give Earl's a call ... and thanks for the heads-up on gunparts.
Old May 8, 2000, 09:34 AM   #5
Strayhorn

The grips sold by Gun Parts Corp for the Walther PPK and PPK/S are very cheap knock-offs that come _without_ the nut that is supposed to be impressed into the grip itself. Good luck finding someone to sell you that nut.

The magazines are of poor quality as well - the two I ordered had to have quite a bit of work done to them (mag catch slots were out of place and I had to widen them with a Dremel tool) just to get them to fit into the gun. They still jam at least once per loading.

I'd say order the grips from Earl's, although he isn't cheap. Or you might try Bob's Gun Parts out in Arkansas (The URL is http://www.gun-parts.com/index.html/index.html/), he had the grips _with_ the nut last time I called.

Ajax Grips (http://www.ajaxgrips.com/) carries current Meg-Gar production mags for the PPK/S. Meg-Gar is now the OEM for all Walther handguns, and they are producing "legacy" mags for discontinued handguns as well. Stick with Meg-Gar, they work.

CDNN down in Abilene has a boxcar load of Walther mags as well. They don't have a website, alas, and I don't have their number with me, but they are listed in the Rec.Guns FAQ (www.recguns.com) and I can vouch for their honesty. They bought most of the Walther mags when Interarms went out of business recently.

The folks at Marstar up in Canada (www.marstar.ca) have a bunch of Walther items as well.

I did a web search one afternoon and turned up a company selling wood grips for Walthers, but alas I didn't bookmark the page so I'll have to hunt for it again when I have the time. I think I used Google (www.google.com) and used the search terms "Walther grips wood PPK" to find it.

Best of luck,

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

Old May 8, 2000, 11:25 AM   #6
MRH

I got what I needed from Earl's Repair Service. Nice to call people who know Walthers so well. Got all kinds of stuff on the way!