The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 23, 2013, 12:24 AM   #1
egidio

Friendswood Bullet Co.

Hey guys! I'm Egidio from Italy, I'm new here =) I just wanted to ask you guys if this website is legit or if any of you had an actual exeprience with them, as I wanted to make an order from them: laser cast bullets

thank you so much =)

Last edited by egidio; October 23, 2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old October 23, 2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Evan Thomas

Moved to H&R.
Old October 23, 2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Nick_C_S

I use Friendswood hard cast bullets a lot. I have 2500 of them in view as I write this. And there's another 1500 at the loading bench in the garage. And another 1500 on order - should be here soon.

So yes. I'm happy with them. Their orders take some time to be fulfilled, yet they charge your credit card right away. Other than that, I have no problem. Now I understand that the current conditions will delay orders - that I get. My issue is the credit card charging part. I don't think they should charge my CC until they are ready do fulfill my order. IMO

I use a lot of their .358 148g DEWC's. And their 158g LSWC's. And .430 LSWC's (for 44 Special). Oh yeah, and for 9mm, 147g LFP's.
Old October 23, 2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Forrest68

I hear ya there Nick, my current order is over 7 weeks now, but my CC was charged the night I placed the order. I have close to 1000 of the 147gr LFN and they are great. So I'm assumen the 125gr I order will be as well, just comunication is slooooooooow. Last time it took nearly 6 weeks so i planed on 6 weeks when I placed this order even though the website clearly states 4 weeks. I don't mind waiting for a quality product, but just tell me its going to be X long so I can plan on it. Like I said before though, great product, just slow filling the order.
Old October 23, 2013, 06:20 PM   #5
dihnen

I use their bullets and have been very happy with them. You can also buy them from www.powdervalleyinc.com for a little bit less.
Old October 23, 2013, 07:27 PM   #6
histed

Nothing wrong with them that I've found. As mentioned, however, they are SLOW. I actually like Missouri Bullets or Penn Bullets better, mostly because I've not had t wait so long, even during the great 2012 panic.
Old October 23, 2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Nick_C_S

Quote:
I actually like Missouri Bullets or Penn Bullets better, mostly because I've not had to wait so long.
Really? Penn Bullets? - I ordered 1500 from them on July 3rd. STILL WAITING. I'm in e-mail communication with them - "should be any time now."

Yeah whatever.

My credit card was charged on July 3rd.
Old October 23, 2013, 08:51 PM   #8
Forrest68

Ok, now I'm a bit peeved, so apparently Powder Valley has the bullets I ordered from Friendswood in stock?!? I've been waiting nearly 8 weeks WTH, with out a responce to 2 emails sent out over the last 2 weeks.
Old October 24, 2013, 09:10 PM   #9
igolfat8

Same here. I ordered some .380's and before I placed the order they replied to an email and said they were in stock. Yet after 5 weeks I still have not received them nor have they replied to my emails. I will never order from them again.
Old October 25, 2013, 11:40 AM   #10
schmellba99

Friendswood Bullet Company is a 1 man operation. Richard Bullinger is the owner, caster, luber, janitor, etc. He's a good dude that runs his shop out of his garage and handles every aspect of the company himself.

I happen to live not too far from him, so I opt to pick up in person and have met him a few times. He makes very good quality projectiles, and was absolutely overwhelmed when the panic hit. I would bet that he's still trying to catch up on back orders from the run of 2012/2013.

I pretty much shoot his 230 grain ball out of my .45 ACP's exclusively - hard to beat the quality and price combination. His 115 gr 9mm have proved to be some pretty solid projectiles as well - function just fine out of my XDS and I don't notice any issue with accuracy (though admittedly I don't shoot that gun a whole lot, so take that accuracy statement with a grain of salt).

I have a bunch of his .38 125 FP projos, and even have some loaded, but I don't think I've actually shot any of them yet. I need to rectify that.
Old October 25, 2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Forrest68

OK, order update, Just spoke to Richard, apparently he has had soem computer problems. Funny, I had pulle up his website and planed to call him, but then teh phone rang and it was him. He asked if I had recieved my order yet to whichI said no. He appologized for the delay and said he would be shipping them out tomorrow. He is a real nice guy, and I REALLY like his bullets. So I am a happy camper now.
Old October 25, 2013, 05:38 PM   #12
Nick_C_S

Quote:
Friendswood Bullet Company is a 1 man operation. Richard Bullinger is the owner, caster, luber, janitor, etc. He's a good dude that runs his shop out of his garage and handles every aspect of the company himself.
Now I'm even more happy to give him my business.
Old October 25, 2013, 06:42 PM   #13
histed

Nick, thanks for the heads up on Penn. I hadn't ordered from them for a while and I always had good service.
Old October 25, 2013, 06:58 PM   #14
Nick_C_S

Just for clarity: I have nothing against Penn Bullets. I'm not much of a difficult customer. But boy-oh-boy, I'd sure like to have my bullets. I think 4 months is plenty long enough.
Old October 26, 2013, 11:07 AM   #15
Nick_C_S

In a moment of coincidence: Richard Bullinger just sent me an e-mail this morning, letting me know that he is shipping my most recent order. I placed the order Sept 7th. A fair timeline, given current conditions. I ordered 1000 148g DEWC's - love them bullets!
Old October 27, 2013, 07:40 PM   #16
Forrest68

Well I got ya beat there Nick my order was placed aug 29th, but I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning now that he said they are shipping. Guessen they should be here bout midweek sometime. I'm cleanen brass as we speak, just to make sure I have enough of what I'm shooting right now to load once it gets here. 125gr 9mm fn, can't wait to work up teh loads and have plenty of time over the winter to load um up for next years steel plate challenges.
Old November 2, 2013, 01:51 PM   #17
Forrest68

Order update: Well, not so happy anymore, my order was supposed to ship 10/26 haven't recieved any shipping notice from the post office yet, and have not recieved anythign as of yet. Flat rate packages ever coming from Texas normally only take botu 3-4 days in the past. Order placed last week of august and phone massage says they are shipping order from the 3rd week in Sept, so hmmmmm
Old November 2, 2013, 06:14 PM   #18
Nick_C_S

Quote:
Penn Bullets? - I ordered 1500 from them on July 3rd. STILL WAITING.
Update: Not waiting any more. They arrived today - one day short of 4 months.

1000 .358 100g DEWC's - cute little things. Gonna load "cat sneeze" rounds with them, using 38Spl, and 38 Short Colt.

500 .430 185g DEWC's. Should make good, low recoil shooters. Gonna load them in 44Spl.
Old November 2, 2013, 09:29 PM   #19
Forrest68

Nick, Did you get your friendswood bullets yet?
Old November 2, 2013, 09:54 PM   #20
Nick_C_S

I think I've got the pending orders mixed up in my head. The "order being shipped" e-mail I received on Oct 26th (see post #15) was not from Friendswood, but from Penn. And I received those today.

I had outstanding orders for Penn, Missouri Bullet, and Friendswood, at the same time. So I got a bit confused. Sorry.

The last Friendswood order I placed was on Sept 7th, and I haven't received those yet. I'm in no hurry for them. It was for 1000 148g DEWC's, and I still have about 800 in my own stock.
Old November 3, 2013, 07:55 AM   #21
Forrest68

Well website said 4 weeks, I figured on 6, ordered 3000. It is now 9 weeks, still no bullets. No shipping email either, which even if his computer system is down the one that the post office sends wouldn't be. Just a bit frustrating, I've been outta my 124gr lfn for weeks now , I planned ahead and still got bit in the butt. I should order my next batch now for next year I guess, lol
Old November 3, 2013, 11:21 AM   #22
Nick_C_S

Latest update: The e-mail from Oct 26th (post #15) was indeed from Richard Bullinger of Friendswood. So I should be getting the package any day now.

Last night, I didn't have access to my e-mail when I composed the previous post, which lead to my further confusing matters. Sorry for yet more confusion.

The Penn package arriving yesterday was pure coincidence and had nothing to do with the Oct 26th e-mail (obviously). I got the two mixed up.

I'll let you know when the Friendswood arrives - probably tomorrow or Tue.
Old November 6, 2013, 06:34 PM   #23
Nick_C_S

Still waiting for my Friendswood order to arrive. It's been 11 days since I got the e-mail stating it was shipped. The tracking says it's just in the system - no actual tracking data. I'm getting a little concerned. I'll probably reach out to Richard tomorrow.
Old November 6, 2013, 08:38 PM   #24
Forrest68

I've tried multiple time, 3 emails and 2 phone calls, no responce to emails and phoen calls just have a message saying they are shipping 3rd week of sept orders. I don't think you can leave a message but maybe you can. Its a shame cause he really does produce a fantastic product, but don't tell me your gonna do something then not do it. Would have been better if he said sorry we are delayed will be a couple more weeks. Empty promises just irritate me no end.
Old November 6, 2013, 09:18 PM   #25
andyjr11

I might have a little help for you all. I have orders in with everyone mentioned for month with little or no sucess. Just by luck I found this place http://www.sscastbullets.com/ they shipped my entire order in less than a week.

I tried the 9mm, 357,and 44 mag and they worked as good as anybody else to me.