The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 2, 2012, 10:00 PM   #1
capper

E.N. Santa Barbara parts?

Hello everybody. I'm new, so please bear with me. I just recently purchased a E.N. Santa Barbara .44 cal New Model Army. The gun was unfired when purchased, but I feel it has been around awhile. Anyway, after shooting it today, I cleaned it, and when putting the cylinder back in, the mainspring somehow got broken. Does anybody know where I can get another one? Your help would sure be appreciated.Thank You
Old April 2, 2012, 11:40 PM   #2
arcticap

The only known source of authentic Santa Barbara parts was mentioned back in 2006 in the thread below. The supplier was said to possibly be non-English speaking and his email address may not be current. It may be worth a try if you can find someone to translate.
It was also suggested to try to file and grind a main spring from one the other 3 major manufacturers. It was noted that the Pietta handspring did fit the Santa Barbara, and that some Euroarms parts would interchange with the original Remington 1858's so that might also be option. But no has said for sure which brand of parts or mainspring will fit for sure.
Good luck with locating a suitable mainspring and please let us know which part you end up using and how it works out.

1. http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...hlight=barbara

2. http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...hlight=barbara
Old April 3, 2012, 07:05 AM   #3
capper

E.N. Santa Barbara question

Thank you for the response. I checked out VITGuns.com, and they offer a mainspring for the 1858 rem by pietta. I had to click"check stock", so I am just waiting to hear back from them.I think, if they have it, I will get it, and do what I have to do to make it work.Thanks for the info. I will keep ya'll posted as to what happens. Thanks.
Old April 4, 2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Hawg

Smokin Gun has a Santa Barbara, he'll prolly know what fits.
Old April 5, 2012, 09:51 AM   #5
capper

e.n. parts

thanks hawg haggen