The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old November 30, 2007, 04:02 AM   #26
GalilARM

Absolutely nothing, and I'm still surprised its going strong
Old November 30, 2007, 04:23 AM   #27
ESI Agent

Lot's of people who work in the security industry use their background in security to gain entry into law enforcement, and lot's of people in law enforcement use their law enforcement back ground to gain entry into security positions. It's a two edged sword.
Old November 30, 2007, 04:30 AM   #28
GalilARM

^And both deserve respect. Those arent really the types we are discussing though
Old November 30, 2007, 07:45 AM   #29
Tanzer

Quote:
So, what, exactly does this thread have to do with either tactics or training? If you guys spent half as much time working on your dryfire as you do on making fun of another forum, I'd be impressed.
Your point is well-taken, but we need to be aware of these forums for the simple fact that the antis who troll around do not necessarily have the brains to make the distinction between this forum and one who whore themselves out to such idiots. When we apply for carry permits, the controlling departments (especially in the less-friendly states) are aware of these dip-sticks also. The Brady Bunch knows about them, and so does Hillary, and with the IACP starting to get grant money from the Joyce foundation, these whackos affect us directly. I wouldn't want to see it often, but we should keep a weather eye open. It may remind a few of us how bad we can look if we post without thinking, or to re-consider our sig line.
Old November 30, 2007, 08:07 AM   #30
Pat Rogers
Member in memoriam

galilARM- That may be one of the absolute best posts ever.

Well done!

Pat sends
www.eagtactical.com
Old November 30, 2007, 11:27 AM   #31
TexasSeaRay

Quote:
So, what, exactly does this thread have to do with either tactics or training? If you guys spent half as much time working on your dryfire as you do on making fun of another forum, I'd be impressed.
1. It clearly shows you how NOT to dress for any situation (other than Halloween) that could be considered tactical.

2. It clearly shows that there is a whole underworld of posers, wannabes and outright frauds out there. People who don't know about guns or tactics just might listen to these wackos and believe them. And THAT is a scary thought.

3. It clearly shows what kind of Rambo-wannabes are working within our security industry--not all, but enough to definitely merit concern and have the legitimate security professionals seriously consider "policing" their own. We don't need these kind of people in ANY position of authority, regardless of how slight that authority might be.

4. It clearly shows who the number one enemy of the Second Amendment is, and it's not the Sarah Brady's of the world. It's people like that dweebo who dressed up like an idiot and then posted his pictures and then DEFENDED himself in a way that makes every gun-owner look bad.

Want me to continue?

Jeff

So to those of you who are members of neither, thanks for nothing.
Old November 30, 2007, 12:27 PM   #32
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
So, what, exactly does this thread have to do with either tactics or training?
Quote:
Absolutely nothing, and I'm still surprised its going strong

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread