The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 6, 2017, 10:27 AM   #26
Model12Win

Cool! I did some research and it seems Traditions has poor customer service. I wonder what could be done if this gun breaks?
Old July 6, 2017, 10:35 AM   #27
AzShooter

Glad to see your pictures are finally up again.

What a beautiful rifle and a fantastic group. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.
Old July 6, 2017, 06:29 PM   #28
deerslayer303

Thanks for the videos. Awesome Group. My Traditions Kentucky rifle will group like that too. These rifles are GREAT shooters. My Kentucky rifle will be in the woods this deer season too. I love hunting with it. And if I beat it all to crap I'm not going to fret about it.
Old July 6, 2017, 11:29 PM   #29
FrontierGander

Far from poor CS. I've only had to use them a couple times over the years and service was provided asap along with replacement parts. Some folks are super pain in the rear ends when it comes to CS. They don't email me back, blah blah... Well, pick up the phone and call. Some think that they are the ONLY customer lol.
Old July 6, 2017, 11:53 PM   #30
Model12Win

Nice. Are you a Traditions spokesman? It seems your are the only person on the Internet who has posted pictures and (good) really reviews on this gun. They're hard to find for sure!
Old July 6, 2017, 11:54 PM   #31
Model12Win

Nice. Are you a Traditions spokesman? It seems your are the only person on the Internet who has posted pictures and (good) reviews on this gun. They're hard to find for sure!
Old July 7, 2017, 01:01 AM   #32
FrontierGander

Not a spokesman. I got into them years ago with a kentucky rifle I got as a gift and its grown since then. They are about the only muzzleloader company these days that is still introducing NEW model sidelocks. Just not a whole lot of pros out there on tv that know much about traditional muzzleloaders, just scopes and inlines.
Old July 7, 2017, 01:25 PM   #33
Model12Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierGander View Post
Not a spokesman. I got into them years ago with a kentucky rifle I got as a gift and its grown since then. They are about the only muzzleloader company these days that is still introducing NEW model sidelocks. Just not a whole lot of pros out there on tv that know much about traditional muzzleloaders, just scopes and inlines.
Ain't THAT the truth!

Sadly most see "muzzleloader" today and think of a plastic scoped inline rifle that they can buy to make muzzleloading as stupid simple as possible so any fool can go out and extend their deer hunting season, not as an actual hobby that has to do with patience, commitment, and tradition.

It is refreshing to see SOMEONE still bringing out traditional sidelocks, I agree.