The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 16, 2005, 09:30 PM   #1
zimm

Rem 1100 sporting- what's the best case for it?

I'm looking for a case to take my rem 1100 to the range in. I'd like a hard case that holds the parts while the gun is broken down. I also don't want to spend a fortune. Any recommendations?
Old March 16, 2005, 09:49 PM   #2
Nortonics

I too have an 1100 Sporting 12 I take to the range often for Trap. I chose to go with a soft case, but wanted something that would protect close to a hard case. I ended up choosing this:

Boyt/Harness takedown case with pocket

Excellent case. Heavy duty, plush, can sling it over your shoulder, a spot for your chokes, just the ticket for this gun in my eyes. Being my Sporting 12 has a 28" barrel with extended chokes I had to choose the "L-Large" size and it fits perfectly. Medium or smaller won't fit - can't get zipper closed. Being the 1100 has such a quick & easy barrel takedown this case has really worked beautifully for me. Got mine at Gander Mountain for just as good a price as could ever be found on the net.

It's not a hard case like your preference, but just had to throw in my experience with this case and the 1100...
Old March 16, 2005, 10:43 PM   #3
zimm

Thanks for the info. That looks a lot easier to lug to the range. Since I'm not going on a airplane, I think that will work.