The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 7, 2016, 04:08 PM   #1
TailGator

Post removed, no notification

I made a post in the "Did Cowboys Carry Pistols?" thread in the Revolver forum a few days back that was removed in very short order. I was expecting some sort of a warning due to its removal, but I had no idea what content was objectionable. The gist of my post was that, with some experience doing various sort of ranch work including working with animals, I would expect that a heavy revolver on the belt would be uncomfortable during a lot of the dismounted work of a cowboy. Other folks have made similar points since my post, and the material has been tolerated.

I am not upset that my post was deleted, but I am a little concerned that I offended in some way I don't realize, and do not want to repeat the offense. I would appreciate hearing from whatever moderator deleted my post, by whatever means they might choose, with an explanation of what was considered offensive in my post. With that information, I will strive to be a better editor in the future.
Old August 7, 2016, 04:35 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Well, I can see all posts in all threads, deleted or not. You didn't have a post in that particular thread. To double check, there have been no posts by anyone deleted from that thread.

I think the most logical explanation of what you think happened is that you didn't press the "Submit Reply" after composing your post. Since I have done that (or more properly haven't done that) more often than I care to admit, I know it isn't difficult to forget to make that final step in posting.
Old August 8, 2016, 07:14 AM   #3
TailGator

Thanks for checking. I feel better about not having committed an offense, but worse about having you go to the trouble for what was apparently my error. I do appreciate you clearing it up for me, though.