The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 20, 2008, 12:39 AM   #26
loosecannon

Do the math only around 10 thousand MACs were ever made 100 of thousands of Uzis have been made. As was pointed out previously the Uzi is a battle proven weapon. As for size there are many versions of the UZI not just the full size one.
Old February 27, 2008, 08:26 PM   #27
spctim11

I have also fired both with suppresion

If money isn't an issue go with the UZI they are both fun guns I have a video of me firing the UZI supressed it is on my puter that is boxed up for being a dinosaur.
Old March 10, 2008, 07:48 PM   #28
douglasschuckert

I own a MAC 10. In the post it says that if you have the safety engaged it wont lock the bolt back and will champer/fire a round... this is untrue unless you partially pull the bolt back THEN engage the safety. If the bolt is fully forward and you activate the safety then try to charge the bolt, it wont charge.

The MAC 10 is every bit as reliable as the UZI. It's just as accurate too (dont chime in on this one unless you've personally shot both - hearsay don't fly). The MAC has FAR FAR FAR more accessories available to it (not to mention the conversions are WAY more prevelant and CHEAPER), and you can get 30rnd mags for the .45 caliber.

If I were you, I'd get a Powder Springs MAC 10/45 and a Lage Slow fire upper and spend the remainder on ammo.. The MAC will cost you about 3.5k to 4.2. An UZI will cost you around 4:6k and the .45 version you can only get small quantity mags...

I have nothign against the UZI.. Just you dont have the versitility as you do with the MAC. If you do get an UZI look for either an IMI or a Vector. Vector will still cover malfuctions/breakage.

Go to www.uzitalk.com for posts and advise on both.
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=2668 - HR 1022 Assault Weapons Ban & Law Enforcement Protection Act (2007) http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348 - Online Petition against! DO YOUR PART, WRITE YOUR DAMN REP, and DEMAND VETO!
Old March 14, 2008, 01:31 PM   #29
John2

In the raid on Intebi, to release hostages, the Israeliz used a Mac 11 though they naturally had UZI. They probably figured a little buzz gun served their purpose in a fast moving scenerio. I have the mini Uzi and Macs. The Macs rarely give me grief. The Mini however refuses to work with U.A.E. ammunition. Go figure
Old March 14, 2008, 04:00 PM   #30
Socrates

Lord! 3.5K for a Mac is obscene. I thought they were over priced at 300 dollars, when I bought a couple. They aren't range guns. They are very effective close range room cleaners, and, really need the suppressor. They are also really easy to swap bolts on. I actually liked the 380 for concealability, and the 45 for swat power. The 9mm was a bit big for a gun that shot such a little round. Still, 32 rounds of 9mm will really ruin your day.

My experience was the only reliable ammo for the Macs was ball.

Friend has a full auto Uzi, and, he loves it. He's a former swat/bomb squad/sniper/police armour, licensed S&@ gunsmith, Col in the Guard, and, he owns an Uzi submachine gun, so, that's a big plus for me, since I know he's had a chance to fire a LOT of full auto weapons.
Old March 20, 2008, 01:13 PM   #31
oldcspsarge

MAC is known as a bullet hose...great for spraying down a room...marginally controllable without a supressor.

UZI is a well thought thru MG w/folding stock. Safe and reliable.
Carried one for years and trained many agents with them for protective assignments. Only thing we every broke was an occasional extractor.

Good close in or out to 100 yards, though 9mm doesnt have much energy left @ 100 yards. Fun to shoot and conceals well in a briefcase.

Definite UZI over MAC.....even with Uzi hovering in 8K range !
Old March 20, 2008, 08:55 PM   #32
Hard Ball

I would choose the Uzi.
Old April 13, 2008, 04:58 PM   #33
GarrettJ

Quote:
in your opinion, for general usage, which is considered more reliable. THE isreali UZI or an american MAc-10 (.45)?
While a lot of good points have been made, the OP specifically asked about which was more reliable. This generally means, which one goes "bang" every time and has no problems cycling.

Having used both, I would have to give the MAC10 the nod. Granted, my experience is limited to two specific firearms. But of those two, I can't think of a single time that the MAC10 in .45 has had any kind of malfunction when used with roundnose ammo. I can't say that for the Uzi.
Old April 14, 2008, 11:44 PM   #34
Socrates

I forgot about that part. NEVER got any of the macs I had around, 380, 9mm or 45, to run with ANYTHING BUT BALL AMMO. However, never had any problems with ball, reloads about 99%.
Old April 17, 2008, 08:27 PM   #35
4095fanatic

Uzi.