The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 17, 2018, 08:38 PM   #1
KEYBEAR

Need to Find aGrip Frame

I got a box of parts today it was a Ruger Super Blackhawk Old Model .
I am not sure what the idea was but most of the parts are in the box and that is good . The problem no grip frame but I guess it does have one a KX3 I think that fits a New Model something but would need a lot of work to use . So can I find a grip frame for a old model Super Blackhawk ?? The Grip Frame in the box is a new stainless KX3 that I really can not use .
Old August 17, 2018, 10:49 PM   #2
Nodak1858

Midway has grip frames showing online, they have the round and the square back trigger guards. What trigger guard is on the stainless one you have? I added a round guard stainless Super Hunter grip frame to my 45 Blackhawk. I like the larger grips on those over the small XR3 ones. It takes a bit of filing, buffing and polishing but they can end up fitting like they were made for it.
Old August 19, 2018, 10:03 AM   #3
KEYBEAR

After doing a lot of looking around the Stainless XR3 Grip Frame I have is looking a lot better .
My Gun Smith said yesterday he can take care of it and not a problem . Power Customs makes a grip frame but at $300 with shipping and more if it needs fitting no thanks .
I have no idea what the person that took the gun apart was going after in the end and I think that is why I have it now . I sure wish he had put the old frame in the box also .
Old August 19, 2018, 06:38 PM   #4
Old Stony

You can often find them on sites like ebay...of all places. I think some cops strip the confiscated guns and sell off the parts.