The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 15, 2019, 09:44 PM   #1
banditt007

Mpro-7 / Hoppes Elite Alternative CHEAP!

I wasn't sure where the best place to post this is, but here it is. I ran into some info on the web and thought I would share. This is worth the read. To begin in brief...

Hoppes Elite cleaner and MPro-7 cleaner is a water based, almost odor free cleaner/degreaser/carbon remover. Most who have tried it like it. I've used the elite before and liked it a lot. You MUST oil afterwards because it strips everything off the metal of the gun. It is said to be plastic and paint safe.

Okay so most of you know that already, but the company that makes both cleaners is PANTHEON. This same company makes an aircraft carbon cleaner which according to once source online is the same product. He said he uses it on his AR and he can tell no difference between it, and the mpro7/hoppes elite cleaner. EXCEPT THE PRICE! The name is Pantheon X-IT Carbon remover & cleaner/degreaser.

Shipping will depend on your location, but for me I can buy 1 gallon X-IT Carbon remover for $30 grand total. With that said a quick search showed...

Hoppes Elite cleaner is the most expensive option by far Around $30 a quart now, Mpro7 cleaner online, on sale was $15 a quart a week ago now its up near $30 a quart again.

Here is the Pantheon website http://pantheonchemical.com

Here is where they speak of their manufacture of Mpro7 and Hoppes Elite http://pantheonchemical.com/m-pro-7-20th-anniversary/

Here is one source of several sources I found that sells the Aircraft industry branded X-IT carbon cleaner which is said to be the exact same product
https://www.skygeek.com/pantheon-x-i...n-remover.html

Hope this helped someone. BTW I found shipping one or two gallons almost the same shipping cost, I'm sure this would vary where you live though.

I have no association with any of these companies listed in any way, just passing the info...
Old May 15, 2019, 10:53 PM   #2
Dufus

Thanks for posting. I am sure others will find the info helpful.

I am not a fan of either Hoppe's Elite or Mpro 7.

I tried extensive testing on both and neither did me any good.

I am officially a Bore Tech fan and also use Sharp Shootr Wipe Out with Accelerator.
Old May 16, 2019, 02:16 PM   #3
RC20

Per Dufus, nothing against either, but as Unclenick and I have found out, Carbon Killer 2000 works wonders for carbon.

The Bore Tech is good on carbon (not as good as CK2k) but does copper. Good if you have both, I keep it as well but use 95% CK2k as I only have carbon.

Both are odorless (pretty much) non haz, non toxic (same thing) and they don't strip anything. Run a dry patch through and good with both.

Tags
carbon , cleaner , elite , mpro7 , non toxic