The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 19, 2015, 11:00 AM   #1
scironic

Beretta A400 Xcel Choke Issue

Hey everyone! So, my stepmom got a Beretta A400 Xcel and about 10 shots in, the choke fired out of the barrel. She was at the gun club where she bought it taking a shooting lesson when it happened, so they started checking some of the other guns they have there. Her gun and another A400 felt like they had minimal thread for the choke, but some of the other shotguns felt like they had a lot of thread for the choke.

I've been searching for something online about this being an issue but have had no luck. Has anyone heard anything about this happening before? Is this just an QC issue with a batch of barrels?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old December 19, 2015, 02:17 PM   #2
Virginian

First I have heard of it.
Old December 19, 2015, 03:08 PM   #3
TMD

With the dozens of blue receivers I see every time I go to a sporting clay event and the several thousand shells through my wife's as well I've never herd a complaint. Sounds more like someone didn't screw it all the way in.

Last edited by TMD; December 19, 2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old December 19, 2015, 05:03 PM   #4
FITASC

^^^^ What it sounds like to me as well - I own 2 A400s, including the smurf gun, and every once in a while I need to snug it up. Grease on the threads (or never - seize) should keep it in until removal for cleaning.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old December 20, 2015, 08:56 PM   #5
scironic

Thanks everyone!