The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old February 7, 2020, 06:18 AM   #1
Wendyj

Hawke endurance and Vantage scopes

I saw these in a lgs last week. Nice uncluttered reticle with illuminated target dot. Glass looked great in store but I’ve seen that before and not so good at the range. Turrets audible and feel good. 30 mm tube. Written on both MADE IN CHINA. I’ve read a lot of reviews and both scopes get decent reviews. For a 3-400 dollar scope and a lifetime warranty they looked ok. I’m putting a few barrels together for my TC Encore and kind of liked the Vantage 3-12-44 with no parallelex adjustment. Would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of this brand of optics. Tracking. Fisheye. Anything would help.
Old February 7, 2020, 07:43 AM   #2
NoSecondBest

They are very popular with airgun shooters because they will withstand prolonged use even with springer type air guns. I've read nothing but good reviews about them and the guarantee is really good. I bought one two years ago and in spite of the fact that the product was made in China, the clarity is excellent, they track great even doing a box test. I know a lot of other people buying them and so far I've heard no bad reports. It's a different world today, lots of stuff is made in China and other off-shore places. You've just got to sort it out. I'm looking right now at buying a Hawke Sidewinder for a varmint gun I have. I'd have to pay three times as much for the same features in a Leupold. Almost all of my scopes are Leupolds and I really like them. However, I'm not going to pass over something else that may not be as good, but very close to as good at a third the price.
Old February 7, 2020, 08:15 AM   #3
std7mag

I've looked at/through them at the Harrisburg outdoor show. Seemed decent enough inside (50 yards).
Headed to outdoor show with my daughter now.

"Januarary 6th insurrection".
Funny, I didn't see a single piece of rope...
Old February 7, 2020, 08:35 AM   #4
Areoflyer09

I’ve got 3 or 4 Vantages. It’s become my go to for basic needs. I actually prefer the Vantages over the entry Vortex/Leupold/Nikon lines (I’ve had all three).

I have fixed 4Xs, 3-9s & 4-12s that I have run on everything from 22s to 6.5 Creedmoor. I’ve not had any issues with recoil damaging one.

I’m looking at picking up an Endurance or Sidewinder this year as well.
Old February 7, 2020, 05:05 PM   #5
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyj View Post
I saw these in a lgs last week. Nice uncluttered reticle with illuminated target dot. Glass looked great in store but I’ve seen that before and not so good at the range. Turrets audible and feel good. 30 mm tube. Written on both MADE IN CHINA. I’ve read a lot of reviews and both scopes get decent reviews. For a 3-400 dollar scope and a lifetime warranty they looked ok. I’m putting a few barrels together for my TC Encore and kind of liked the Vantage 3-12-44 with no parallelex adjustment. Would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of this brand of optics. Tracking. Fisheye. Anything would help.
I know nothing about them. Just to throw it out, Camera Land Ny has Burris Four x in 3x12x56 with illuminated dot german 4 reticle for about $350.