The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old September 21, 2018, 01:32 PM   #26
KyJim

4V50 Gary -- You asked about the comparison between triggers in the polymer SW Bodyguard and the Ruger LCR. I really tried to like the Bodyguard but absolutely hated the trigger on it. I got rid of it. I just recently purchased a Ruger LCR (9mm) but, I've been out of town and haven't made it to the range yet. Dry firing, the trigger on the LCR is much better than the Smith. I will have to get used to the long trigger reset. You have to pretty well let it all the way out before it resets.
Old September 21, 2018, 03:17 PM   #27
WheelGunMan

I have an LCR 357 with about 1000 rounds thru it. The trigger has always been lighter than my SP101 and the pull is definitely shorter. The trigger has grown significantly smoother the more I shoot it. I pretty much shoot 38 Special's only... I practice with Remington 125 grain +P JHP and carry the 77 grain ARX round.

I purchased the 357 frame because it's stainless and adds a few ounces more weight that aids in reducing recoil.

To be honest...the SP101 is a more enjoyable gun to shoot with it's now buttery smooth trigger. The LCR being lighter carries better.
Old September 21, 2018, 06:13 PM   #28
Brutus

Gotta tell you that I have both Smith and Colt revolvers but a recently purchased Dan Wesson 715 has the smoothest, shortest double action pull I have yet to experience plus I can have it with a 4, 6 or 8" barrel. I'm amazed that the DA groups are almost as good as the SA ones, Only gripe is trying to find Roper style grips for it.
Old September 21, 2018, 06:26 PM   #29
4V50 Gary
Staff

Thanks KyJim.
Old September 21, 2018, 06:49 PM   #30
kenny53

I changed to trigger spring in my SP101 357. Put in a 10# wolff spring. It was easy, I have shot hundreds of 38/357 round through the gun with out a problem.. It is one of my favorite range guns.
Old September 22, 2018, 11:59 PM   #31
Radny97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Gotta tell you that I have both Smith and Colt revolvers but a recently purchased Dan Wesson 715 has the smoothest, shortest double action pull I have yet to experience plus I can have it with a 4, 6 or 8" barrel. I'm amazed that the DA groups are almost as good as the SA ones, Only gripe is trying to find Roper style grips for it.

This is my experience as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk