The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 22, 2016, 12:40 AM   #1
ForceableDoom

Is the APC-100PPM Legal to be owned?

I recently came into possession of an APC-100 PPM which is an Clearing Trap for safely clearing a weapon of almost any caliber (pretty impressive if you look up the youtube videos on it.) I come to find out it is quite expensive, as i was looking online to get a price for it i noticed no one was selling it on Ebay and any other private selling service. After doing some research on many different sites I came noticed it can only be bought but Law enforcement and Government agencies. I also sent an email directly to the Business that makes them (Concept Development Corporation) asking if they were legal to own, and the response i got was them being more concerned on how i got their product instead of actually answering my question. So my question is, Is it just a business policy to only sell it to Law/Government or is there some sort of law against privately owning them?

Here are some links to the product itself on two different sites.

http://www.armyproperty.com/product/0W2A5/APC-100PPM/

http://www.shoothouse.co.uk/clearing...pedestal-mount

Here is a link to a video showing the actual product being tested with all types of weapon calibers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozq18r_Lt-4
Old April 23, 2016, 05:53 AM   #2
nemesiss45

someone can chime in if I am off base here, but I don't see any reason it would be illegal for a civilian to own... it's just not something that a private citizen has much use for. generally, it is something that you will have in an armory or at LE or military practice range. perhaps that is why the company was wondering how you came into possession of one... since it is not something that commonly pops up on the second hand market.

edit: not to mention, when you say "came into possession of" people first thought is usually "stole"
Old April 23, 2016, 11:29 AM   #3
ForceableDoom

Thanks for the response, i finally got a straight answer out of the company that made it, they were just confused on how i got the item. They said the company that has the contract to sell their item chooses to only sell to government and LE. They were very curious on how i got the item because they have never had a civilian report having one. This whole situation was more than I bargained for when i got this thing.

By the way I got it from a storage unit Auction. One would be pretty brave to steal from a government agency or LE haha