The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old September 4, 2018, 01:41 AM   #1
marine6680

Radian Raptor LT Ambi Charging Handle Review

I have been using the Radian Raptor LT for several months now... And it is my new favorite CH currently. It looks good and is easy to use. Size wise, for the latch/handles it is about as wide as the levers on a BCM medium latch CH. They offer it in three colors, that match Magpul colors. It uses aluminum for the latch, with is preferred, as it doesn't cause increased wear on the upper receiver. You don't need steel here, the standard CH uses an aluminum latch, and so do many other well made CHs.

I have always been a huge fan of the BCM offering, but when I saw the Raptor LT was ambi and available for $50 instead of $80+ typical of other brands... I decided to give it a try.

The LT is similar to their standard Raptor, but instead of using machined latch handles, the LT uses sheet aluminum with a polymer overmold. The inner aluminum reaches almost out to the edges of the polymer and has holes that allow the polymer to flow through and form a good bond, so there is no worry of the polymer coming loose.

The standard Raptor is a popular CH, and this is basically the same thing, but costs less to produce.

It works, is well made, and is a reasonably priced ambi CH... About all I could say about it.

A side note, I have been using the Radian ambi safety on a couple rifles, and I like that offering as well. No threaded fasteners, it uses spring detents to hold the latch in place.

Here is a pic of how the inside of the Raptor LT works.

Old September 4, 2018, 07:30 AM   #2
imashooter

I Installed one on a 10.5" left-handed pistol (5.56) I built a few months ago and really like it. I'm sure I'll be buying more. Very well built, excellent release and lock-up, and smooth as butter.