The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 6, 2010, 11:49 AM   #26
Venom1956

Nice always thought a FA 10/22 receiver would be one of the most fun FA to have.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old February 7, 2010, 05:39 PM   #27
DonutGuy

No, the 38 or 39 are the best Glocks. GAP baby!
Old February 11, 2010, 12:56 AM   #28
KAK

Id like to CC one. I think at close in ranges the G18 with a few 17rd mags would be just the ticket.
Old February 13, 2010, 06:30 AM   #29
mrnkc130

Quote:
Secondly depending where you used it in SD such as in a standard CCW case all those FA rounds that missed your multiple assailants would look really really bad in court... so where did the 17 of those 33 rounds that missed wind up?
I agree "DEPENDING" on where you used it..I still think it would at the very least be nice to have FA as an option in a pistol for self defence...just one more tool in your self defence tool belt

Quote:
I think it serves a purpose but as a SD weapon or PDW their are better options. Just my opinion. God it looks like a hell of alotta fun.
Yeah it looks like fun! What a shame...what a shame..
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man,the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a timehanded out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:bread and circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)
Old February 13, 2010, 06:41 AM   #30
wyobohunter

I think you said it all by saying "Best Glock ever".
Old February 13, 2010, 07:11 AM   #31
Silvanus

I honestly cannot think of one single situation where I would prefer a fully automatic handgun, over a semi-auto... So the Glock 18 doesn't really do anything for me and I prefer the standard model 19 and 17. But that's just my opinion since you asked for it
Old February 18, 2010, 06:18 PM   #32
DanThaMan1776

Impractical? says who?

Under most circumstances I would simply leave the selector switch on semi and have a normal magazine in it. However, there are law enforcement or military applications which could be ideal for a Glock 18 in full auto. You're essentially dumping tooonnnnssss of energy and damage into a human in fractions of a second. Who needs a bigger caliber when this is possible
Old February 25, 2010, 03:40 PM   #33
cannonfire

Nobody says you have to use the huge mags for it... through in the normal g17 mag, and you have tons of suppressive fire with the flick of a switch... now youre not going to beat Rambo in a shoot off, but it could be used...
Old February 25, 2010, 04:49 PM   #34
Skans

Imangine, if you can, that full-auto only glocks and semi-auto glocks were not restricted and treated as ordinary handguns. Which one do you really think people would purchase to carry and defend their homes?
Old February 26, 2010, 08:26 AM   #35
shooter_john

I certainly wouldn't call them 'the best' at anything, but they serve a purpose. Our shield guys carry them on the tac team, giving a lot of firepower to the guys who otherwise literally have their hands full. With some practice, you can control an 18 fairly well, but it would never be my first choice for a sidearm/ SMG, unless fitted with a stock of some sort. TONS of fun for sure though!
Old February 26, 2010, 10:33 AM   #36
XD Gunner

Quote:
Which one do you really think people would purchase to carry and defend their homes?
A shotgun.

If handguns cause crimes, mine's defective.- Eric Shelton
Old February 26, 2010, 04:45 PM   #37
Uncle Ben

Quote:
Which one do you really think people would purchase to carry and defend their homes?
Good question. For me, no chance I would want to have full auto inside my home, especially when there are loved ones nearby to protect. I would not risk putting them in greater danger by my own stray rounds
Old February 28, 2010, 08:57 PM   #38
LukeA

Quote:
Nobody says you have to use the huge mags for it... through in the normal g17 mag, and you have tons of suppressive fire with the flick of a switch... now youre not going to beat Rambo in a shoot off, but it could be used...
Tons of suppressive fire? How do you figure? Instead of BRAAAAP (empty) with the 33rd magazine, you have BRAAP (empty) with a flush-fitting one.
Old February 28, 2010, 10:35 PM   #39
big bug

Glock 18 is way cool. However controllability (is that a word?) can be suspect I believe