The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 3, 2017, 12:34 AM   #1
CodeSection

Denver Area Indoor Range Recommendation

I have family members that recently became residents of Denver, CO. With that being the case, their Arizona CCWs are no longer valid and they will need to take a Colorado approved CCW class.

In Arizona, I like to use C2 Tactical range as it gives many different training classes, has many stations, has guns rentals and is a fairly new facility that has state for the art systems including air scrubbers. It is a very clean facility and their prices are reasonable.

I am looking for recommendations for a Denver area indoor range that has similar qualities to C2 Tactical.

Thanks
Old September 3, 2017, 08:49 AM   #2
brian33x51

I know nothing about arizona but Centennial Gun Club is pretty top notch. Very nice *clean* facilities. Definitely not the cheapest though (I go to the Firing Line in aurora or the Shootist in englewood when I want range time by myself midmornings). Considering I just needed a certificate to renew my CCW I did a much cheaper course sans range time at cabelas.

On saturday afternoons its is totally packed.

Last edited by brian33x51; September 3, 2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old September 3, 2017, 12:57 PM   #3
CodeSection

Thanks for the post Brian. I am not familiar with the Denver area and I have no idea how long it takes to drive around. I just thought any drive to a great facility would be worth it.

They bought a house in Littleton. When I just googled it, I believe the map shows Centennial is east of it. I'm not sure how far Centennial is from Littleton.

So, now knowing they live in Liitleton, does that make a difference in your recommendations?
Old September 3, 2017, 11:48 PM   #4
brian33x51

Littleton puts them not very far away from Centennial Gun Club (East of Littleton). The Shootist (just North and West of Littleton I think) is apparently redoing their indoor range at the moment...okay looks like simple upgrade of their 25yd range to handle up to .30-06 (25yds?) While I like the people there it seems to be run more like a mom and pop shop comparatively. Depending either range should be 10-15 mins, maybe eveSon less depending on location and traffic.

The south and east suburbs of denver have crazy boundaries due to predatory city expansion into commercial areas.

Also I forgot about the Family Shooting Center at Cherry Creek reservoir. They have outdoor rifle ranges and skeet, but you have to also buy a park pass to get into the range. I've never been there but my dad (in his 70s) will ride a bicycle into the park to go shooting.

With my family I drive up into the mountains after church on sunday, about 45 mins, to a decent open outdoor place in the national forest. It's not cheap to bring 4 people to an indoor range and the ones I contacted don't want my 7yro son shooting there.

Last edited by brian33x51; September 4, 2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old September 4, 2017, 04:56 PM   #5
CodeSection

Hi Brian, I saw Bristlecone and Blucore as well. Their high Yelp reviews were impressive. When I called them yesterday about courses etc., both individuals I spoke with (Mike at Bristlecone and Sam at Blucore) with were VERY helpful and informative. They each took the time to answer all my questions. They each provided great customer service (even though I was not a customer) and most certainly created goodwill in my opinion. Both companies pricing from courses to membership appears to be similar.

I tried calling Centennial yesterday several times. Their website said they were open, but either they were closed, phones stopped working or they were too busy to answer the phones. On Yelp, they received high reviews for their facility, however there were several, several poor reviews on employees condescending attitudes and interaction with members and customers. There were negative reviews on the owner and his wife too.

Based upon the above, I suggested my family members go to Bristlecone and Blucore to tour each facility and talk to the employees there. While I mentioned Centennial to them, I suggested they pass on it due to what I experienced and read.

Thanks for your help!
Old September 5, 2017, 07:52 AM   #6
brian33x51

I haven't been to bristlecone but blucore was kind of a hole in the wall place when I was there about 11-12 years ago and not so different from the shootist or firing line.

Centennial gun club operates a bit more like a wanna be big box store, I'm guessing that may rub people wrong. A guy at church who is much more knowledgable about the area ranges and his first choice for shooting range and safety officers is Centennial Gun Club.
Old September 6, 2017, 03:33 AM   #7
Rob228

Trigger Time in Longmont is pretty sweet, but there is about a year long waiting list to get a membership. They do offer courses for non-members.

Closer to Centennial would be Cherry Creek, which is an outdoor public range but very well ran and Silver Bullet, which is an indoor range that has lots of holes on the walls and ceilings.
Old September 6, 2017, 06:26 PM   #8
njsco

Liberty Firearms Institute is the Loveland/Johnstown area north of Denver but worth the drive.

https://www.libertyrange.com/