The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old June 4, 2018, 02:54 PM   #1
Skarekrow88

CZ 527 carbine scope rings

I just picked up a Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 scope for my CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39mm and I was wanting to use Leupolds see-thru high scope rings so that I can still utilize the iron sights if need be. I vaguely recall seeing or hearing that the CZ 527 carbines requires a certain type/proprietary scope rings in order to be properly mounted. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is the case or if the Leupold see-thru high rings would work. Thanks
Old June 4, 2018, 04:22 PM   #2
precision_shooter

If you don’t want to buy a separate scope base, “CZ” style rings are all you can use. If you buy the separate CZ scope base, you can use any picatinny style rings you want, which is what I did. I believe my base came directly from DIP, Inc. It is well made and I’ve had no issues with movement, but did use a little blue loctite when installing the base on my 527.

Scope base I have below. $40...
http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1133585
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Last edited by precision_shooter; June 4, 2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old June 5, 2018, 10:41 PM   #3
JN01

Warne and Leupold make them, maybe others but they are not common. You need rings for a 16mm base.
Old June 6, 2018, 12:25 AM   #4
Husqvarna

See through rings makes you aim without a cheekweld

Old tech /system

Get the warne qr rings that works i got it on my cz
They hold zero after detach