The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 18, 2018, 12:43 AM   #1
KyleYankee

Neat and practical - thanks Midland!

I ordered in a Midland Backpack, 12ga, 18.5" single shot 12ga last week to my LGS and picked it up today.

What a neat little shot spreader! I picked this up for $129.99. Comes with:

-Trench sights
-Hollow polymer stock for storing gear (LOTS of room, you can fit a little fishing kit and firestarting stuff easily
-Beretta/benelli style modified choke, and a VERY high quality choke tube key (none of that tiny slippery Remington stuff)
-The ability to be folded completely in half and kept in a backpack
-A crisp, clean trigger pull

Later on, Midland will offer centerfire and rimfire barrels for this - already comes in 20 and .410ga as well. Includes a forend sleeve to accommodate smaller barrels.

Very light, about 4 lbs empty. 3" magnums will cost your shoulder dearly, I will find that out soon I'm sure.

All in all the finish is nice and this will be an excellent truck gun. If you haven't already, I advise you to pick one up before prices go up!
Old February 18, 2018, 12:46 AM   #2
KyleYankee

I almost forgot to mention - the stock comes with 2 extensions attached. I'm 6'3 and I can shoulder it just as comfortably as my '870.