The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 11, 2019, 12:04 PM   #26
Metric

I've been watching Military Arms Channel's saga with four 365's and a 365XL. I like the concept, but will be waiting for a major design revision. The little behind-the-scenes rolling updates don't feel like true fixes, when major primer drag is still visible. Just my impression, but it's strong enough to scare me off.
Old October 11, 2019, 12:14 PM   #27
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCop05 View Post
Just spoke with Sig CS. After giving a detailed account Rep stated either weak recoil spring or a defect in the fire control unit. He specifically stated it should NOT be an ammo issue, as that was extremely unlikely. It’s headed back home for diagnostics.
Nice. Please keep us updated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old October 11, 2019, 06:04 PM   #28
JDBerg

My biggest gripe about WWB is that it’s more difficult to load in my Glock magazines, which are otherwise easy to load with any other brand of factory ammo. The ammo always shoots fine, but for some strange reason the brass cases seem to be ever so slightly oversized which makes it harder to load this ammo into the mags, but I haven’t tried loading this ammo with either the Glock mag loader or one of the aftermarket loaders.
Old October 11, 2019, 08:17 PM   #29
jonnyc

While we're squeezing lemons, has anyone had similar issues with a Glock 43, 43X, or 48?
I did try the 365 but didn't like the feel, I've shot over 2000 mixed weights, brands, and bullet types through my 43X without a single issue. Not sure if I'm lucky or if they are a more reliable design.
Not trying to knock the 365.....to each his own. Would be nice to hear the comparison.
Old October 11, 2019, 11:07 PM   #30
MontyCop05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
While we're squeezing lemons, has anyone had similar issues with a Glock 43, 43X, or 48?
I did try the 365 but didn't like the feel, I've shot over 2000 mixed weights, brands, and bullet types through my 43X without a single issue. Not sure if I'm lucky or if they are a more reliable design.
Not trying to knock the 365.....to each his own. Would be nice to hear the comparison.
I have and carry the 43 every day since it came out. It replaced my Ruger LC9s Pro. Never a single hiccup with it with ANY ammo.
Old October 11, 2019, 11:57 PM   #31
223 shooter

Quote:
Picked up a G48 earlier this year and had a malfunction at round 9 and thought I had another Glock 42 on my hands. But it has been perfect ever since and a nice shooting gun as well.

Waited until last month to finally pick up a P365. Fired it a few weeks ago with 115 and 124 Aguila ammo and no issues in the first 50 rounds.
Old October 12, 2019, 02:04 AM   #32
Catchabullet

Honestly,
Sig seems like their QC has gone down a bit just like we have seen with other manufacturer's in the industry.... keep us posted with what they say though.
Old October 12, 2019, 06:07 AM   #33
hemiram

A friend of mine bought a 365 and a 320 C the same day, and the 320 was/is flawless, the 365 had a lot of issues out of the box, but suddenly started working 100% on WWB and anything else. We have no idea what was going on originally, we took it apart over and over again and saw nothing wrong. I like the 365 better myself, he likes the 320 better.
Old October 12, 2019, 06:38 AM   #34
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
Since you asked..I had a G43, both my son's have G43s...and after probably 1500 rounds
each thru theirs and about 500 through mine..various ammo, from cheapo, steel, russian and US made stuff to $1.25 per round very expensive SD stuff(Lehigh Xteme Defender and G9), various JHP AND WWB..no failures of any kind.
I traded my G43 for a G26/4..that also has been flawless..about 300 rounds so far.

"Tools not Trophies”
Old October 13, 2019, 05:09 AM   #35
davidsog

7000 rounds and not a single hiccup out of mine. In any mechanical device you can get a bad one.

Training with a PD years ago, they got a case of Glocks. Everyone of them shot almost 3 feet high at 7 yards. The whole lot went back to the factory.

Send it back. SIG will make it right.
Old October 13, 2019, 07:31 AM   #36
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsog View Post
7000 rounds and not a single hiccup out of mine. In any mechanical device you can get a bad one.

Training with a PD years ago, they got a case of Glocks. Everyone of them shot almost 3 feet high at 7 yards. The whole lot went back to the factory.

Send it back. SIG will make it right.
Some math brainaic help me out but isn't the angle of a gun shooting 3 feet high at 21 feet 10 degrees 'up'..hard to believe..

"Tools not Trophies”
Old October 14, 2019, 12:50 PM   #37
dgludwig

Quote:
Some math brainaic help me out but isn't the angle of a gun shooting 3 feet high at 21 feet 10 degrees 'up'..hard to believe.
I thought the same thing. I'm no "math brainiac" but three feet high @ 21 feet? Seems impossible to me but, like I said, I'm no wizard at arithmetic.
Old October 18, 2019, 07:30 AM   #38
rodfac

Mine's been 100% reliable with FMJ's JHPs and my own LSWC's. I'm over 1100 rounds now without a single malfunction. All that said, I run a maximum of 50 rounds through any of my pistols then clean them....I don't expect a hand gun to run indefinitely... so Sig's gunna make it right...good CS in my opinion....Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; October 18, 2019 at 09:50 AM.
Old October 18, 2019, 08:28 PM   #39
davidsog

Quote:
I thought the same thing. I'm no "math brainiac" but three feet high @ 21 feet? Seems impossible to me but, like I said, I'm no wizard at arithmetic.
Some simple math will tell you that it only requires an 8 degree angle.

It does not take much to produce inaccurate and noticeable results.

Last edited by davidsog; October 18, 2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old October 19, 2019, 06:31 AM   #40
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsog View Post
Some simple math will tell you that it only requires an 8 degree angle.

It does not take much to produce inaccurate and noticeable results.
Yup, my son did the trig stuff and yup, 8 degrees..still seems like a lot for an aimed pistol at 21 feet tho..to have something misaligned by an effective 8 degrees up or down.

"Tools not Trophies”
Old October 19, 2019, 08:26 AM   #41
davidsog

Quote:
to have something misaligned by an effective 8 degrees up or down.
Which is why they went back to the factory......

Old October 19, 2019, 08:45 AM   #42
OhioGuy

Like any model, this line seems to have its lemons. I know quite a lot of people who have 365s now and shoot with them constantly and never have issues.

I had a S&W Victory target gun that choked up constantly. Cleaned it, had a gunsmith look at it, couldn't get it to Consistently go into battery with any type of ammo. Everyone else with the same gun was like "oh that's weird, mine is 100% reliable and I don't even clean it much"
Old October 19, 2019, 10:16 AM   #43
DukeConnor

I have about 500 factory and 500 reloads with home cast powder coated boolits through mine.

Had a few issues with the cast. None with factory.

It sucks getting a lemon. I had a few and usually give them to my son who will relentsly pursue the factory to get them right.
Old October 19, 2019, 01:44 PM   #44
dgludwig

Quote:
Yup, my son did the trig stuff and yup, 8 degrees
"Trig stuff..."? Yeah, I knew I was out of my league.
Old October 19, 2019, 05:01 PM   #45
Metric

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet93 View Post
Yup, my son did the trig stuff and yup, 8 degrees..still seems like a lot for an aimed pistol at 21 feet tho..to have something misaligned by an effective 8 degrees up or down.
I get about 8 degrees as well, but another way to think of it is the muzzle of a 4" barrel would have to be more than half an inch higher than the chamber to achieve this angle. Draw your own conclusions.
Old October 20, 2019, 08:11 AM   #46
davidsog

Quote:
Everyone of them shot almost 3 feet high

Quote:
Draw your own conclusions.
And 2 feet is a quarter inch.....

Yep..,.they went back to the factory because none them could hit a target or be adjusted....

Old October 20, 2019, 09:54 AM   #47
TunnelRat

No firearms manufacturer is perfect. I was at SIG Academy doing a reflexive shooting course when a state police officer from NJ was discussing how his entire department returned their SIGs because of issues and switched to Glocks. Confidence lost is a thing, but both the officer and the instructor agreed that had the department heads been more patient the issues could have been resolved. Edit: I actually found the article relating to the story https://taskandpurpose.com/sig-sauer...lied-nj-police

None of this changes the situation of the OP. Hopefully he gets it back from SIG and reports the results.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old October 20, 2019, 01:39 PM   #48
wild cat mccane

I was the orginal suggester that WWB was the cause of the failures. I also re counted his failures as 2, which would have included the Sig ammo. I yes, I did notice he had failures with other loads...don't know why someone said I didn't say that...

I agree, it's probably the gun.

Also, WWB has the worst reputation out of any ammo. There is literally no worse ammo by make and brand than WWB. It's the least consistent load around.
Old October 20, 2019, 02:36 PM   #49
davidsog

Quote:
None of this changes the situation of the OP. Hopefully he gets it back from SIG and reports the results.
Do not talk common sense when all the internet trolls are proving that Glock cannot possibly have shot high....

Old October 20, 2019, 08:10 PM   #50
elsancudo

My East German Makarov converted to a .380 stainless barrel has had zero failures in the 20 years I've owned it. Absolute nail driver. Russian Makarov converted to threaded .380 barrel doesn't have any failures either.