The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old November 25, 2019, 04:05 PM   #1
SerenityNetworks

Browning X-Bolt Max Long Range Experience

I'm considering the purchase of a Browning X-Bolt Max Long Range (basic model) in 6.5 Creedmoor. Cabela's will have it for $900 on Wednesday. Specifically, I'm looking for real-life experience feedback on the rifle. Is it truly a sub-MOA rifle with multiple factory ammo rounds? What have been your best, average, and worst 5-shot groups?

Also, is the rifle bedded? I'm seeing mixed information on that feature.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

PS. Cross-posted in another forum in order to receive additional feedback.
Old November 25, 2019, 04:52 PM   #2
NHSHOOTER

I do not have the xbolt max long range but I do have the xbolt eclipse hunter in 7-08. As far as accuracy it is supurb. I have never shot factory ammo out of it since I am a reloader but from the very beginning I think my worse 3 shot group about 1.5" and my best 1 ragged hole. I have tried several different bullet combinations and they are all good, some just a bit better than others. I do believe it is glass bedded. For the price your talking I dont see where you could go wrong especially if you look up the suggested retail..I own several rifles and my xbolt is my go to for deer hunting..
Old November 25, 2019, 08:50 PM   #3
bacardisteve

I was interseted in this model from browning. Hard to track down reviews found a few on a long range hunting website complaining of accuracy. Seems the stock has a lot of flex in it according to a few folks. My local dealer hasnt had any in stock for me to handle.

Tags
accuracy , browning , max long range , x-bolt