The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 20, 2019, 12:13 PM   #1
Uncle Malice

Arsenal Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired...

I just wanted to share my recent experience with Arsenal Customer Service, following the barrel chop conversion of my SAM7K-04. I have several AK's: a WASR-10, SGL21, Romanian SAR2, Draco, and now my most recent - Arsenal SAM7K-04.

August 7, 2019 - I first reached out via the customer service contact form to ask about their advertised package for doing the barrel chop/conversion to threaded gas block. I also wanted to add one of their Arsenal T-Shirts, PVC patch, and the Bulgarian 4-pc flash hider.

August 19, 2019 - Finally receive a response to the contact message with an attached service list, asking me to select which I wanted - even though I had stated clearly in my initial message which service I wanted - and that they would issue me an RMA to send the gun in for service.

August 19, 2019 - I replied back the same day, outlining what I was looking and identifying which specific SKU number I was looking for on the service.

August 21, 2019 - Arsenal replied back that they may not be able to add the 4pc flash hider due to 922r compliance issues. And to please include my purchase info - date of purchase, address, etc.

August 21, 2019 - I replied back that I was somewhat familiar with 922r and had already swapped out several parts that I believe should make it compliant, but to please confirm if something else is needed. (Ultimak rail, ALG trigger, Magpul magazine, Magpul pistol grip, KAK Industries AR tube adapter for the rail, and SB Tactical SBA4 brace. )

September 4, 2019 - I replied back to Arsenal, asking if there was any update on the order; as I never received an RMA.

September 6, 2019 - I receive a reply that they will bring the gun in for service and will have the tech take a look to ensure 922r compliance. If it is compliant, they will add the flash hider and if not, they will let me know what else is required. They included shipping address and instructions that the RMA must be included in the box with the gun and on the outside of the box. However, they didn't actually include the RMA number.

September 6, 2019 - I reply back asking if I missed the actual RMA #

September 6, 2019 - They reply back and apologize for missing the RMA and included it in this message.

September 9, 2019 - I drop the gun off with UPS. Packed in it's original shipping box and well padded within a larger box, with bubble wrap.

October 1, 2019 - Arsenal charges my credit card for the barrel chop service. No charges for the flash hider, t-shirt, or patch.

October 9, 2019 - I reached out via email just to check on the status to see if 922r status had been determined, if I needd additional service, or if I should go ahead and order a different muzzle device. <no response>

October 23, 2019 - I reached out again to ask about the status.

October 23, 2019 - I received a response that the customer service agent in charge of my order was out of the office and they did not have an update.

November 5, 2019 - I reached out again, asking if there was an update

November 5, 2019 - I get a short message back that the gun is done and will be shipping back that week.

November 8, 2019 - I get another short, canned message, thanking me for the order and including a UPS tracking number.

November 8, 2019 - I reply back to my rep, asking again, if this included the flash hider or the additional items I ordered, because I only saw the charge for the barrel service on my credit card...

November 11, 2019 - I receive my gun back via UPS. There is a hole ripped in the side of the box with the charging handle exposed and scratched up. They shipped the gun back in a cardboard box with no padding.

Pics - https://imgur.com/a/4hYbHYo

November 11, 2019 - I sent a final, follow-up email to Arsenal. I was polite and professional but expressed my dissatisfaction with their response and service. For what is supposed to be a premium AK company, there is no excuse for such poor communication and service. I explained that they disregarded the additional items I had ordered - but at least they didn't charge me for them. They did not communicate at all regarding the muzzle device and just sent the gun back with a plain threaded gas block. I explained that they had shipped the gun with zero padding, which ripped a hole in the box, causing scratches to the charging handle - not a big deal, it's an AK... but it still shouldn't have happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To date, I have still received ZERO response from Arsenal about my follow-up emails.... I bought the SAM7K because of the superb experience I had with my SGL21 that I got back around 2010. I still love their guns, but I've been surprisingly let down by the experience with their customer service. Just thought I'd share.

I guess I will just order the CNC Warrior 4pc flash hider... though I really wanted the original Bulgarian one. In the meantime, I have a cheap 4-prong flash hider on there.

Besides my issues with the company, the gun is excellent. I love the size and it functions smoothly and flawlessly. I wish I would have just paid the extra upfront for the -44 instead of getting the -04 and waiting 2 months for it to be updated to the -44 configuration.
Old November 20, 2019, 01:07 PM   #2
Tactical Jackalope

Wow....

That's just sad. You'd expect much better from a higher-end AK manufacturer.

The process was super long in general. Disregarding basic communication and not doing so in a timely manner. Then ignoring the order sheet and shipping the gun like THAT?!

I know where I won't buy my first AK (in a long time) from. I can't imagine what would happen if it was a service issue where you needed repair. They might have pulled a SIG Sour on you.
Old November 20, 2019, 01:14 PM   #3
Uncle Malice

Right?? That's the kind of service I would expect from Century.... but oddly enough, I've actually heard that Century customer service is pretty good - though I've never experienced it, myself.
Old November 20, 2019, 09:43 PM   #4
jonnyc

Only dealt once with Century CS and it actually went well. They quickly replaced my new Yugo U/F when I noticed it have been tested with corrosive ammo and not cleaned. Totally roached barrel. But to be honest, I think Century gets a lot of CS practice.
Old November 23, 2019, 06:24 PM   #5
Ignition Override

That would have been very frustrating and not just a major disappointment.
They must have had a new employee in charge of communications and coordination?

My new Czech VZ-58 was originally (recently) manufactured with a threaded muzzle.
The Czechpoint USA muzzle brake fits perfectly.

This rifle's price is similar to the SAM7K-04.