The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 4, 2013, 05:49 AM   #1
RJLII

New Glock 34

Second time out to the range with my new G34 Gen3. I think we're going to be good friends

First time out I didn't do so well, but the second time was the charm. I guess it takes a couple hundred rounds to really get to know any gun.
Old November 4, 2013, 08:31 AM   #2
Tactical Jackalope

Don't make my mistake and let it go. I miss my Glock 34 a lot. As for learning it, that's with almost new gun. congrats.
Old November 4, 2013, 09:46 AM   #3
pilpens

My stock Gen 4 G34 showed a lot of potential but the stock trigger had a lot of creep. Sights were terrible but usable.
=========
Is yours still stock? 2nd trip only; I guess it is still stock.
=========
My G34 took some aftermarket parts + some trigger bar stoning to tweak it to a clean pull with crisp break @ 3-4 lbs.
Old November 4, 2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Tactical Jackalope

I didn't mind the stock Glock 34 trigger for range use. My favorite Glock trigger is my CCW trigger on my Glock 19. The NY1 Spring with the Minus Glock connector. So crisp...
Old November 4, 2013, 12:13 PM   #5
pilpens

Constantine,
When you say crisp, do you mean more like a glass rod breaking?
I thought the NY1 would produce more of a DA pull like that of a revolver. Do you still feel a wall before the trigger breaks?
=====
My trigger pull is clean and light on the slack until the wall. There is no felt creep before the break. Trigger break is more like a glass rod break than a rolling break where one can feel the sear/striker disengaging before the break.
=====
Old November 4, 2013, 01:22 PM   #6
Tactical Jackalope

Exactly! It's like a thin glass rod breaking. Well described pilpens.

There's absolutely no take whatsoever, the NY1 spring alone has said to have that feel. However, mixed with the minus connector..It's IMMHO the smoothest and best striker fired trigger feel one can get.

The audible reset and tactile reset make every other striker fired gun (IMO) feel weak. It launches your finger forward for that next shot to be fired with a loud "click".

I would love to have a TFL meet so anyone who wants to run ammo through my Glock 19 with this setup can.

I'll do it for all of you if you like it that much.
Old November 4, 2013, 01:52 PM   #7
pilpens

I will play with my setup for a while:
25 cent polish on firing pin safety contact points + LWD 3.5 connector + reduced power striker spring + trigger bar stoning.

.... but I may just need to try the NY1 + minus connector setup to compare against what I have now.

thanks.
Old November 4, 2013, 02:33 PM   #8
Tactical Jackalope

Ah forgot to mention that 25ยข also goes with my setup. Smooth as butter.

Anyways, enjoy! Let me know when you try it out.
Old November 4, 2013, 04:09 PM   #9
RJLII

Mine is bone stock at this point. I'm looking for a new set of sights for both my G17 and my G34 but the stock ones are serviceable. I'll be looking into trigger mods sometime down the road.
Old November 4, 2013, 05:18 PM   #10
pilpens

I have Dawson rear adjustable and .300T/.1W FO front. My rear sight is at lowest setting; with my reloads, POI is 1" above POA (1 inch target @ 15 yards with a 6 O'clock hold).

If think the .315T FO front would be a better match with their rear adj. than the .300T to allow for more elevation adjustments.

Be aware that some holster will not allow sights that are to tall.