The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old September 26, 2012, 06:08 PM   #51
coyota1

I trust my mini MAG more than I trust small autoloaders. With autoloaders, a loose grip could result in the gun to not cycle properly.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:22 PM   #52
royal barnes

I've owned a NAA .22 mag mini for at least thirty years. It was my backup gun to my duty handgun for a lot of that time. I will carry it now as my "yardwork" gun but would not venture out in public with it being my only firearm. I still carry it as a BUG to something larger when I am out and about.
Old October 14, 2012, 05:44 PM   #53
NO-BODY

Revival time, Are these good guns? Such as will it fire with reliable confidence? Really like the idea of a gun the size of a pocket knife. 4.5 oz. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 14, 2012, 06:10 PM   #54
Crazy88Fingers

If you use good ammo, they're about as reliable as a gun can be.
Old October 14, 2012, 06:23 PM   #55
Deja vu

my 22 short is a fun gun.... I have thought about getting a key chain holster for it

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old October 14, 2012, 08:08 PM   #56
NO-BODY

Great advice so far. Anybody have anything else to add, I am leanin that way. 22lr cause a millon rounds are like a dollar.
Old October 14, 2012, 08:40 PM   #57
coyota1

The 22 LR is hard to shoot do to the small size. The mag handles world's easier. With either of these guns you need to really practice to master.
Old October 17, 2012, 01:46 PM   #58
Mystro

I always carry my NAA 22lr with yellow jacket Hyper velocity. It has put down more car/deer hits and final mercy hunting shots than I can count. Built like a Swiss watch.
Old October 17, 2012, 03:17 PM   #59
twobit

They are good, well made guns!

Order them with the folding grip! Makes them both easier to shoot and too carry.

Get the .22mag with the shortest barrel (two barrel lengths are available). Drop it in a pocket. It is an "ALL THE TIME" gun regardless of what clothes you have on, as long as you at least have shorts on Don't make them what they are not.. they are a "get off me gun" and are excellent BUG's. They are not primary concealed carry guns.

If you are a law enforcement officer, contact the factory direct (they have a website - North American Arms-) They have a LEO price and will sell direct to officers. Best of all they will ship to your department address (with the proper letter from your supervisor) and you avoid the fee you have to pay to ship to an FFL. Save that $35 FFL fee and get about $20 off the price also.

You can also order one with two cylinders (22LR & 22mag) so you can practice with the cheaper LR ammo. If you order just a cylinder later they want you to send them the gun back so the cylinder can be timed. Added cost.
Old October 18, 2012, 12:24 PM   #60
west5757

I just bought a .22 mag with the 1 1/8" barrel this week. I shot it the next day and I'll have to say that I was surprised at how well I could shoot it after I figured out how to aim it. I have to sight down the barrel and not use the front sight. I may end up filing it down.

I did order a set of the Chang grips for it though. The factory ones are just too small for me to keep the control that I want. It is very nice to have a BUG in my pocket though.
Old October 21, 2012, 07:06 PM   #61
NO-BODY

Done deal.......gonna get me some of that!!!!!!
Old October 21, 2012, 08:41 PM   #62
Aristides

Coming Soon: 22 Magnum Sidewinder

Before you buy one of the NAA revolvers in this thread, be aware that NAA is coming out with their new Sidewinder, which has a fold-out cylinder instead of the "take it apart to reload" version of their current mini revolvers. The cylinder pops out to the right, instead of the left like a more traditional revolver. My understanding from various threads and the NAA website, the Sidewinder is already in the hands of some early-birds, and will become more available towards the end of 2012.

I have had a Black Widow 22 Magnum for several years, and will never part with it. I find it easy to shoot, and I have large hands. I have no doubt it can get me out of a jam, if the situation calls for it.

But I can't wait to get my hands on a Sidewinder. I'll buy two of them as soon as they are available.

With these little NAA gems, nobody has an excuse for being defenseless.

Last edited by Aristides; October 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old October 21, 2012, 08:45 PM   #63
arizona98tj

My review of the NAA Pug .22 Mag. The review includes chrono data for a number of popular rounds, holster info, etc.

Old October 21, 2012, 09:13 PM   #64
LarryNTX

Of course, the best thing about the Mini is all the tacticool accessories you can get for them.
Old October 21, 2012, 11:12 PM   #65
Aristides

------------- ^^ ---------------- ^^ ------------

Nice rig!!
Old October 22, 2012, 08:54 AM   #66
Dashunde

Quote:
NAA is coming out with their new Sidewinder, which has a fold-out cylinder
Cool
I'll probably have to add that one too.
Old October 22, 2012, 09:03 AM   #67
coyota1

The fold out cylinder is handy for practice, but for personal protection, it won't be of any use.
Old October 22, 2012, 09:23 AM   #68
Dashunde

Well, no, but it sure adds to the cool factor of it... and does away with the least desireable aspect of the gun as a whole, regardless of how its used.

Juggling that cylinder and pin isnt much fun over the grass, neither is pushing out spent casings.
The fold out does away with all of that, vast improvement, I wonder why it took so long for them to do it, seems simple really...
Old October 22, 2012, 11:46 AM   #69
safe cracker

some may not know it but you can fan them like the cowboys did
Old October 22, 2012, 12:25 PM   #70
coyota1

Does the fold out weigh more than the regular mini mag? After I fumbled with my mini's I have down now, but it took practice.
Old October 22, 2012, 03:11 PM   #71
Obambulate

I have the Black Widow and consider it a fine self defense gun. It's a perfect balance of size, power, and accuracy for anyone with medium+ hands wanting something smaller than a J-frame. Very concealable, very controllable, and enough power to end the threat if you do your part.

I have been shooting a Pug recently and it's a fantastic choice also. Small enough to conceal in your hand. I'm not as good with it as the BW. It jumps a little in my hand, even with the rubber grip.
Old October 25, 2012, 09:47 AM   #72
Glenn E. Meyer

I really like the slip on rubber grips. Better control and doesn't increase size.