The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 10, 2012, 03:25 PM   #51
Young.Gun.612

From my understanding of the OP, the officer only walked backward when returning to his patrol car at the end of the stop after issuing the ticket. Prior to that he had nothing to worry about, but once the ticket was written he may have feared a negative reaction.
Old February 10, 2012, 03:31 PM   #52
manta49

kraigwy. Quote.

That isn't possible in many locations, I spent my 20 years in LE (Anchorage Police Dept.) working all by my self. Sure, if something happened I could call for assistence, but you don't do that at every traffic stop or other calls.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its standard practice here because of the terrorist threat. At least two officers or more depending on the area. They will also decide on what firearms they carry other than their service pistol depending on what area they are patrolling.