The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old November 4, 2009, 11:23 AM   #26
UniversalFrost

sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I was wondering if you folks with the disassembly instructions could post them or i could pay you shipping if you could make a copy.

I just snagged one of these little m49's on auctionarms and need to take apart and refinish the metal (gonna be an x-mas gift for my 4yr old daughter).

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old November 4, 2009, 11:56 AM   #27
Magnum Wheel Man

you have an e-mail... that I attached an exploded parts diagram... hope that helps...
Old November 4, 2009, 01:11 PM   #28
UniversalFrost

thanks for the parts diagram.

will let you know if I get the instructions.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old August 25, 2012, 08:39 PM   #29
trekman

Ithaca M49 rifle

I have an Ithaca M-49R .22 repeater which I just got. I wanted to go completely through the gun even though it looked in excellent condition.
I looked everywhere and could not find any take down info on it. I saw a lot of good for the 49 and positive comments about the 49R but zero info about servicing. I even contacted Ithaca and a former gunsmith from Ithaca and I bought a CD of 2100 gun manuals but still came up empty. Being very mechanical and have had success with my other rifles I decided to figure it out myself. So I sat down and found the secret to take it all down. I then took pictures and wrote a take down procedure. So if you need the take down for the Ithaca M-49R or the M-49 contact me at [email protected]
Old August 30, 2012, 02:36 AM   #30
bamaranger

.22 Mag

Man those pics brought back a hundred memories. The local hardware store sold M49's and I dearly wanted one. The reference to TV westerns was apt, I was a "Rifleman" fan. But my youth .22 turned out to be a .22 bolt (single shot of course).

I see a M49 now and again, all beaters, and never in the caliber that want these days, .....22 Mag.
Old August 30, 2012, 12:52 PM   #31
Gunplummer

I still have mine. I bought it used for $ 10.00 when I was kid. You would not believe how many squirrels and rabbits I got using .22 short HP bullets. I ruined the chamber firing tens of thousands of shorts. They burned a ring in the chamber and then Longs and Long Rifles got stuck in the pits and would not extract. For the way it was put together, it was really accurate, but I don't think I would build anything on it.