The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 22, 2009, 10:06 AM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Frontsight Training

http://www.frontsight.com/
Anyone know about this training facility?
I guess he is gong to offer a 2 day class for free to anyone who attends the 2A march in DC or donates $100 to the organization planning it.
Old April 22, 2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Glenn E. Meyer

Frontsight training is quite widely discussed on internet forums. I suggest that a search here, on TFL or Glocktalk will bring up anything that will be posted here in response.

You will see quite a range of pros and cons. Enjoy.

A general principle, depending on where you live, you can mostly likely find quite competent local instruction without having to travel.
Old April 22, 2009, 07:07 PM   #3
Dewhitewolf

I have trained at Front Sight. I found their training to be top quality. I am glad I went, since I learned a lot from their 4 Day Defensive Handgun course. I plan on going back as soon as I can afford to fly out to Nevada and rent a hotel room, car, etc.
Old April 23, 2009, 01:44 AM   #4
pgg

I've taken courses there myself. It top notch training
Old April 29, 2009, 01:55 PM   #5
reedthis

I have not been to Front Sight, but the amount of money they spend on promotional materials, and the continual "amazing bonus offers" of half price this and that and free guns make me skeptical. If the place is so wonderful, I would think that word of mouth and forums like this one would be enough to attract customers, and people would pay full price. Makes me think the full price is grossly inflated.

All that said, I'm impressed by what I see in their promotional DVD and would probably take a course if I had the funds and time to travel there.
Old April 29, 2009, 02:06 PM   #6
Glenn E. Meyer

There's another Frontsight thread in this forum that you should get. It has pretty recent new posts but also do a general search here and other fora as I said before.
Old April 29, 2009, 05:17 PM   #7
ranburr

Generally speaking, it appears that many of the people who really like the place have not trained anywhere else. I have never been there and probably never will. I prefer to either catch the traveling instructors or just put a group together and bring somebody to us. It is not difficult or overly exspensive to bring just about any instructor to you.