The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 9, 2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Antihero47

Frankford Arsenal Digital Calipers - Out Everywhere

Jesus, I got all of my reloading equipment stashed and ready to go. The only thing that I am missing is the FA Digital Calipers. I have been looking around at bass pro shops, turners, midway USA... everyone is out. I wanted to go and pick them up locally so I didn't have to wait a week for stuff to get to me.

Does anyone know if Lowes, Home Depot, Sears or any other large hardware store should have some digital 6" calipers that are relatively cheap, 20-30 bucks?
Old December 9, 2008, 05:05 PM   #2
slpmmp

Harbor Freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95846
I have had this particular one for over a year. Works great and only had to replace the battery once (comes with a spare) This company also has other good stuff for reloaders. I bought a machine stand for about $50.00 and i've got 3 presses attached to it. Nice and compact but heavy duty.
Old December 9, 2008, 06:29 PM   #3
Stargazer

Harbor Freight sells the same thing for $9.99.

M70 Web Page
Old December 9, 2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Antihero47

I know that they do. The thing is that I just paid $6 to get a $2 part shipped to me. I had to wait a week for it to come, which slowed down my processing. I have really been wanting to buy this thing or something similar at a department hardware store. That way I can go straight there, pay the cost + tax and come home and start up on it.

I would really hate to pay $20 to get it shipped, and not get it this week, thus halting my processing once again for another week. I really want to get out to the range and get some of this stuff through the barrel.

Know what I mean?
Old December 9, 2008, 07:37 PM   #5
closetgunnut

You could always try evilbay

"There's no drug test for stupid."
Old December 9, 2008, 09:17 PM   #6
CrustyFN

I bought these at Harbor freight for under $20 and have never had to change a battery yet.

Rusty