The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old June 20, 1999, 05:05 AM   #26
Long Path

Here's another plug for the reliable and surprisingly shootable Uzi in good ol' 9mm.

But for sheer shooting pleasure, give me a 1928 Thompson SMG and a 50 rd drum of ball. Weighs somewhat less than a '78 Buick, but with one, you are master of everything in the domain from 100 yds to 16". Actually, if you have a really slick bolt travel, you can bring up that sight a bit and do some decent shooting at longer ranges. With two of them that I've encountered, hits on 200 yd silohuettes were possible.
Old July 1, 1999, 05:30 AM   #27
XDIVER1

What about The Stoner, now thats versital and FUN !!!!
Jim
Old July 1, 1999, 10:58 AM   #28
mguntony

I see that this is an old post but has some recent comments. Xdiver1, Stoner is a great firearm however the cost to purchase and the collector value kinda puts it out of the regular shooter class. The last one I saw was purchased for $12,000 with no extras at all, it now has about $8,00 in extras to go with it. I have a number of class 3 shooters and enjoy them all. The most versatile is my M16 as it can be converted to many calibers. The one I have is of course .223 shorty and long, .22LR dedicated upper, 9MM both standard upper as well as a custom built competition upper. There are numerous other calibers as well. I also have an M11 and it is one of the most fun firearms I have. I would go for an M16 just becaouse it is easily converted to another caliber, more bang for the buck.
Old July 5, 1999, 09:57 PM   #29
Rob62

If you want a shoulder fired SMG/ True Assault Rifle then I second the MP5 nomination. Definately a weapon of class and distinction. While the Uzi is good and the MAC's fun to shoot. I believe that the MP5 beats them all hands down for reliability, quality, and sheer pleasure to own. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one Now if you gotta have something bigger, then the SAW (M249) or the FN MAG (M240G) are great choices.
Rob

------------------
It's amazing what a large group of stupid people can accomplish.
-----------------