The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 27, 2011, 11:22 PM   #1
bpeezer

Scope Rings

I'm looking for new 1" scope rings for my .30-06 to use with a truglo 8-32x44 scope. It's a relatively cheap scope on a relatively cheap rifle, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for nice rings that won't make a significant difference for me. My budget looks to be around $20-$30.

UTG makes a one piece QD mount that would do the trick, but I haven't heard much about their quality. Any thoughts?

I'm also looking at Weaver six hole rings, they're the same price as the UTG mount.

I'd like to hear what anyone would have to say about these mounting options, and I'd be open to suggestions within my price range as well.
Old November 28, 2011, 09:33 PM   #2
White Mamba

I have a set of Weaver tactical rings. I think I payed around $35.00 for them. They're good, solid rings.

Here's a link: http://www.opticsplanet.net/weaver-1...picatinny.html

You won't be disappointed. Just don't torque them down too hard. It's easy to strip aluminum rings if you aren't careful.

Another excellent choice is a set of Burris XTR rings. They're about $55.00 at Optics Planet. They get great reviews.

Here's the link: http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-x...two-rings.html

I hope this helps!